Catholic Weddings
Options

Fiance Doesn't Have Baptismal Certificate

Running into a unique issue and I haven't been able to find any applicable responses on the forum - so I thought I'd ask...

We will be having a Catholic Wedding, but no mass, as Fiance is non-Catholic baptized Christian.  I am born/raised Catholic and will be able to get a newly issued copy of my certificate.  My Fiance was baptized at a campus chapel, which is basically an open space for any religion to practice.  I called and spoke to a representative who said they have not maintained any records.

My question is whether anyone has been in a similar situation and how you were able to solve?  Could we have a signed affidavit and pictures of the baptism instead?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Re: Fiance Doesn't Have Baptismal Certificate

• Options
    subluru said:
    Running into a unique issue and I haven't been able to find any applicable responses on the forum - so I thought I'd ask...

We will be having a Catholic Wedding, but no mass, as Fiance is non-Catholic baptized Christian.  I am born/raised Catholic and will be able to get a newly issued copy of my certificate.  My Fiance was baptized at a campus chapel, which is basically an open space for any religion to practice.  I called and spoke to a representative who said they have not maintained any records.

My question is whether anyone has been in a similar situation and how you were able to solve?  Could we have a signed affidavit and pictures of the baptism instead?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!
    Explain his situation to your church and they'll advise you on what to do.
  • Options
    Pictures are helpful! As Sarahbear said, ASK. Best wishes.
  • Options
    How did you get this resolved? I'm running into this issue with my FI's baptismal certificate.
  • Options

@jerseykisses - best thing to do is start a new thread since this is a "Zombie thread"..

Typically the best thing to do is to talk with the priest or deacon who is performing your marriage prep for what they need at the minimum.  And this can vary from parish to parish and diocese to diocese.  Whatever you do, don't stress out about it because you aren't the first person to have these issues happen in your parish!!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards