Oregon

makeup idea

Since my wedding will be right downtown, I'm thinking of going to the makeup counter at Nordstrom or Macy's a few hours before and getting a makeover there.  Then, I'd buy one or two things that I really like.  What do you think?

Re: makeup idea

• thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure to make an appointment to do that.   We thought of doing that for my daughter's wedding  at the Benson.  We decided to do our own since we didn't want to take a chance without having a trial run.  You can practice on your own to  perfect your technique.  That is more convenient and cheaper!  Plus you know what you like and don't like.
  • Ktcuti81Ktcuti81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, that's an idea.  One of my friends got a makeover before her wedding.  She bought the items she liked and did her own makeup on the actual day.  The only problem with doing my own makeup is that I'm still awful at putting on eyeliner and as someone who doesn't usually wear makeup, it's hard to gage how much I actually need to wear so that I don't look washed out.  Hmm, maybe see if they'll do a trial run before the wedding and write down everything they used?  You'd think most places would be more comfortable with that anyways.  I went to a wedding at the Benson Hotel and it was exquisite!  
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually you can make an appt with them...I think it's the MAC counter that does it.  They do charge, but it's significantly less than a make up artist.  Go and talk to them.  Pick someone whose make up you like and ask him/her.
  • edited December 2011
    Makeup counters, at least at Nordstrom, are no longer allowed to charge for the run thrus or day of makeup they just require a 3 item purchase. The problem is there is no way for them to guarantee that the person you like will be available, or so I was told. But an appt is required, if you want to go with a makeup counter, and they will write it all down for you.
  • KasuppleKasupple member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are two makeup artists that I really like there.  I'm doing my own makeup, but they've both done full trials on me, and been great about helping me pick out everything I need.  One is the counter manager for Armani, and the other is a sweet blond girl who works at the YSL counter and just transferred there from the Washington square store.  The Armani lady is there all the time, and is wonderful.  I'm sorry I don't remember their names.  :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards