Oregon

Indoor Oregon Venue

So I've only been engaged a little over a week now, but I'm trying to get a jump on finding a venue. I'm leaning toward an indoor wedding so that I don't have to stress about the weather on the big day (this is Oregon after all). I'm curious whether people can give me any feedback on Flinn Block Hall in Albany, Reed Opera House - Trinity Ballroom in Salem, or Green Villa Barn in Independence. So far we have had the chance to tour Green Villa, but that's it. I also saw The Foundry at Oswego Point on here... but am not so sure that its truly a one dollar sign price range- it looks too fancy! Lol. Can anyone give me any info on these venues? Thank you!!

Re: Indoor Oregon Venue

• I checked out The Foundry because of the $ on here too (and it's an amazing venue), and here's the info they sent me (pardon the cut and paste). 

A Friday in May/June is $4,000 and a Saturday in May/June is $4,800
    Friday, October - April - $2,800 Saturday, October- April- $3,600
    Rental Includes -          (200) black chiavari chairs -          (24) 60” round tables (which will accommodate 8-10 per table) -          (8) 6’ banquet tables which can be used for buffet, head table, cake table, etc. -          Hi fidelity PA system with speakers and iPod connection -          2 corded microphones with stands, 1 handheld microphone, 1 lapel microphone -          Projector and screen -          Wireless internet -          Dance floor -          Ceremony’s include a one hour rehearsal the week of the wedding (Monday – Thursday)
    We do not have a food and beverage minimum, we have a preferred catering list, so each menu price will be different depending on which caterer you choose.The caterer will include linens in their package as well as the dishes, flatware etc.  There is a provision in the contract where you can use a caterer not on our list for a buyout fee of $600.  Heaters and anything extra would come through a rental company, or you may bring them yourself.
  • Awesome- thanks for the info!
  • We were close to going with the Hawthorn Room at the Mountain Park HOA, it's a beautiful room but wasn't big enough for a ceremony and reception for our group (200 people).  I really liked it, and was only $1200 for a Saturday, you can bring your own caterer, they have a catering kitchen, balcony, and dance floor, also includes basic tables and chairs.  Worth checking out!
    http://www.mtparkhoa.com/hawthornrm.html
  • We are actually at about 200 guests ourselves, so we'd run into the same capacity issue. So where did you end up choosing?
  • We attended a reception at the Reed Opera House a few years ago.  It was really nice!  That's about all I know though :-P
  • I live in Salem and was involved in a wedding this past September at the Reed Opera House. It is a lovely space with 1 exposed brick wall (South) and 2 walls (North and East) with huge windows all along them. It already has a large dance floor.

The kitchen could most definitely be better if you are having anyone prepare food on site. There are 2 fridges (which had stuff in them), one regular 4 burner stove & oven, 2 commercial sinks. Electrical outlets were non existent in the kitchen as were counters.

Even with the preset AC it was still very warm inside. It didn't help any that it was on one of the hottest days of the late summer that day.

You have to be cleaned up and out of there at Midnight

Have you looked into the Grand Ballroom & Theatre that is a block East and around the corner? It is a beautiful building on the inside and has more space.  You can check it out here (clicky).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards