Not Engaged Yet
Options

Friiiiiiiiiiiiiday!

We made it! I think most of us talked about our weekends in the thread yesterday but feel free to recap, if you'd like. I'm just going to share some of the thoughts in my brain instead. 

-I'm starting my Friday off with a bagel with veggie cream cheese and an iced coffee and that makes me happy. 

-I'm going to a magazine party tonight with my BFF and figuring out an outfit this morning made me realize I loathe all of the items in my closet :(

-I am closing in ONE WEEK from today! How did that happen?! Does anyone want to come pack for me? I'm really dreading it. Packing is the WORST. 

Re: Friiiiiiiiiiiiiday!

• Options
    @Swazzle - new house!!!!  I hate packing, too.  it's the worst part about moving.

I'm off at 10:45 today, love early Fridays!

I made mosh for breakfast.  H said it was the best mosh I've made yet.  score.

that's about all I've got.  I forgot to make a cup of coffee before heading out the door, so I am still in a snooze mode.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @Swazzle - Obviously you need do a virtual fashion show for us so we can vote on your outfit choices! 

Here are the thoughts in my head today:

-I went shopping last night and bought THIS from H&M and I looove it and need an excuse to wear it soon, and this from Zara, and a cool chunky gold necklace, and I haven't really bought myself anything new for a while so these things make me SO HAPPY. However, I do feel slightly irresponsible because I should be saving any extra bit of $ I have.

-I'm pumped up to play trivia with FI every Thursday night from here on out! We came in 4th last night, so, no prize, BUT there were like 25 teams there so I'm still happy with that!

-FI thinks his friend who stayed with us last weekend might be gay. If he is, it makes me sad that he doesn't feel comfortable enough to come out. Unfortunately, he lives in an area that is far less gay-friendly than NYC. He's clearly very lonely and we both just want him to find someone to be happy with - of either gender!

-I cannot WAIT until our STD's arrive!!! I want to send them out ASAP so people have to stare at us on their fridge's for months to come :-P

-Hey - I totally forgot Parenthood was on last night so I get to watch it tonight! I can't wait. I love that show and it makes me cry every week.

-Shit. I have to schedule a Brazilian for my lunch break today. It doesn't seem fair to spend over $40 on something that is 0% fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @swazzle congrats on the closing!! its so close!!!!! 

I AM SO HAPPY ITS FRIDAY!!! I woke up in a good mood since its Friday so I curled my hair and got all prettied up for work, which I rarely do :) You can't have a bad day when you're having a good hair day.

Tonight H and I are eating at Bdubs and seeing Annabelle. I'm so excited.  Its been awhile since we've been to a movie. We use to go ALL THE TIME. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    @CocoBellaF - What is mosh?

@Hummingbird125 - I'm heading into the city straight from work so no fashion show, sorry! I love both of the things you bought! 

@severmilli12 - I can't wait to hear how Annabelle is. I love scary movies!

• Options
    mosh is Latin style oatmeal ... 3 c. of liquid for every 1 c. of oats.  traditional mosh is really sweet, but I don't sweeten ours.
  • Options
    I definitely caught what J has, and so I'm home sick today. Immunosuppression suuuuucks.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @phira - Feel better! H and I have both been sick lately, so miserable! 

• Options
    Thoughts for today:
    - I hate being up before the sun is rightly up.
    - Today might require coffee.
    - Meetings on Fridays should all be done by noon. Unfortunately, that is not the case today - I've got one that starts at 4.
    - FI gets to meet with our piano player today. I don't think I found all the music last night, but he'll give her what we've got.
  • Options
    I want to go to the mall after work today to possibly get some new jeans but I need to make it the bank before it closes.

Tomorrow morning I'm getting a mani/pedi :)  Tomorrow night I'm going out for a couple drinks with a few friends to celebrate my birthday which is on Sunday. Not sure where we're going yet, I just want to do something low key. I was trying to avoid doing anything for my bday this year but my BFF is making me.

Sunday morning I'm getting a massage which I am SO excited for. FI took the day off for my bday and we'll probably just lounge and go to dinner. I am so boring but I love just doing pretty much nothing!

I took Monday off since that's one of FIs days off and we don't see each other much. Monday afternoon we're going to BB&B to set up our registry,

• Options
    Swazzle said:

We made it! I think most of us talked about our weekends in the thread yesterday but feel free to recap, if you'd like. I'm just going to share some of the thoughts in my brain instead. 

-I'm starting my Friday off with a bagel with veggie cream cheese and an iced coffee and that makes me happy. 

-I'm going to a magazine party tonight with my BFF and figuring out an outfit this morning made me realize I loathe all of the items in my closet :(

-I am closing in ONE WEEK from today! How did that happen?! Does anyone want to come pack for me? I'm really dreading it. Packing is the WORST. 
    1. I got a bagel on my lunch break the other day from DD and they gave me veggie cream cheese when I asked for regular. I didn't notice until I got to my desk and I almost cried. I don't like veggies!!

2. Packing seriously is the worst. One week until close, that's so close! 

• Options
    @Swazzle - Obviously you need do a virtual fashion show for us so we can vote on your outfit choices! 

Here are the thoughts in my head today:

-I went shopping last night and bought THIS from H&M and I looove it and need an excuse to wear it soon, and this from Zara, and a cool chunky gold necklace, and I haven't really bought myself anything new for a while so these things make me SO HAPPY. However, I do feel slightly irresponsible because I should be saving any extra bit of $ I have.

-I'm pumped up to play trivia with FI every Thursday night from here on out! We came in 4th last night, so, no prize, BUT there were like 25 teams there so I'm still happy with that!

-FI thinks his friend who stayed with us last weekend might be gay. If he is, it makes me sad that he doesn't feel comfortable enough to come out. Unfortunately, he lives in an area that is far less gay-friendly than NYC. He's clearly very lonely and we both just want him to find someone to be happy with - of either gender!

-I cannot WAIT until our STD's arrive!!! I want to send them out ASAP so people have to stare at us on their fridge's for months to come :-P

-Hey - I totally forgot Parenthood was on last night so I get to watch it tonight! I can't wait. I love that show and it makes me cry every week.

-Shit. I have to schedule a Brazilian for my lunch break today. It doesn't seem fair to spend over $40 on something that is 0% fun.
    This makes me sad that people still have to have so much fear about coming out.
    I hope I live to see the day where people don't have to "come out". A guy can just be like hey, I'm going on a date with Bob. And no one thinks it's weird.  

• Options
    @swazzle HOOOOOOOOOOOOUSE! You know that if I lived closer I would bring my OCD brain right over and help you pack.

@hummingbird125 I love the stuff you got!! Don't feel guilty. Also, eff Brazilians. Eff them all the way to hell.

@cocobellaF I've never heard of Mosh! Mom loooooooooooved atole though. She would go to the corner tienda and get it on Sundays. Is it thin like a drink?

My thoughts today (some happy, some eh):

- I steam burned the fuck outta my arm while trying to unplug my hot pot so my thoughts are "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK". Its on the inside of my lower arm so right where my arm rests when typing. Owie! (just found some burn cream in the office first aid kit)

- I go back and forth, now, on whether or not I want to get married anymore. Don't get me wrong, I actually do want to, but I have serious anxiety about facing that day without my mom. So many of my closest friends are getting married and I just think about it all the time (not in a bsc way)- what will it be like without her - and it just makes me sob. 

- After therapy last night, I got super motivated, went home and knocked out our room. We've been dragging out the clean up process, because most nights I'm too tired, too depressed, too anxious. I put it all aside and got most of it done and felt really good. I woke up feeling a little more relaxed.

- Why does my 12 yr old feel the need to lie about the simplest, silly, little things? This morning, he had run out of corn dogs to make for lunch. Instead of making himself a sandwich, or telling me he had run out so I could help him find something else, he just told me he made his lunch and it was all good. When we got half way down the road I discovered he lied and had to go back to make him a sandwich. DUDE. What the hell? Anyone here with a child behavior degree? I'm at a loss right now.

- I might get to see my eldest brother this weekend. Apparently he's in town for other brother's bachelor party. 

- I have a lot of misplaced/irrational anger right now. I KNOW it's part of the process, and my therapist and I have been working through it...well, she tells me it's part of the process, I try to find ways to quell it and not blow up on people. It ends up being more of a bottling up rather than truly quelling/working through it. As if I wasn't a sensitive person already, now EVERYTHING feels like a personal attack. It's so silly, rationally I know that. But man all the feels. Whoooo. It's not fun.

- Part of that is I worry that some/most/all of you are like "UGGGGGGGHHHHHH. Is she ever gonna stop being such a Debbie Downer?" Even though I know you love me. But I do want to say sorry for anything that I'm doing that is upsetting any of you. I love you guys. You've been my rock through so much. 

- I can't wait to get to the barn tomorrow, bury my face in the neck of a pony, and just breathe in really deep. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @swazzle I've been packing one box a day because I hate packing so much! But I'll probably end up doing the bulk of my packing the night before we move into the house. 

Hummingbird125 I love that dress!  No excuse needed, just wear it!!! And that sweater looks really comfy!

@phira feel better! 

My thoughts:

-office birthday parties are awesome for the sole purpose of free food

-I can't wait to be pampered this weekend; debating between a facial or a massage

-Ann Taylor online makes me sad -- they are having an amazing sale with 75% lowest price of a lot of fall pieces.  I bought $400 worth of stuff for $100, and since my order was processed have received 2 emails stating things I ordered are no longer available.  Of course both of those items were what I was looking forward to most.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    @beanbot2002 - my H's grandma called it atole!  I think mosh is the Central American name for it (Guatemalan, maybe).  how do you make it?  I am still trying to perfect it.  we get it at a Guatemalan place here in the city, and it's wonderful, but I haven't been able to recreate it perfectly yet.

I'm sorry for all that you're feeling.  I wish I could just hug it all out of you!  I'm not good at coming up with things to say to people in times like that, but I want you to know that I'm/we're here to just be with you during this process.  I'm glad you were able to get some work done on your room... things like that are so motivating when you're depressed or anxious, at least in my experience.  a clean house/room helps reduce anxiety when I'm feeling it.  all the hugs and love.
  • Options
    @CocobellaF Mom knew how to make it, but hadn't made it in years. There's a little tienda around the corner from the house that makes it and sells it and she just would go there to get some. I never learned how she made it. I know she put cinnamon in it.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @beanbot2002 - I put a ton of cinnamon in ours today, but I think the Guatemalan place uses condensed milk or something.  I'm not sure.  H lived with his grandparents until he was a teenager and she died.  when we had mosh at the Guatemalan place the first time, he flipped out because it was just like his grandma's.  I try to make foods at home that remind him of his grandma or of NM.  next time we have it, I'll remember you and your mom, too!
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches - I'm usually at my desk before the sun comes up. It's so depressing! Get coffee stat!

@lavenderfields13 - Happy early birthday! Your weekend sounds awesome, especially the mani/pedi and massage! Have fun registering on Monday :)

@beanbot2002 - Aww Bean! It sounds to my non-child-behavior-degree-mind that he was being a little lazy but also didn't want to make you have to do it for him. Kid brains a weird. Sending you the biggest of all the hugs <3 You're not a Debbie Downer and anyone that thinks that can have me to deal with. 

@speakeasy14 - I'm planning on getting most of the packing done this weekend. H is off work tomorrow and aside from a hockey game tomorrow night, we have nothing else going on. The week after we close, I can't take off work at all and we have to be out of our apartment by the 31st so packing this week and moving the weekend we close makes the most sense. I need to stop procrastinating! That super sucks about your online order, I hate that. 

• Options
    I'm still on vacation today  but I have some downtime since I'm waiting for my cousin and her family to arrive at my house. They are staying with us for the weekend.

@LaPeanut1018 has been super busy with her FI's family that came into town mostly yesterday. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner and it's at my parent's house. The weather has been perfect so far today and it looks like it will be awesome tomorrow as well. 

Tomorrow is the big day so we will be up early getting ready and preparing for the wedding. It's going to be a party! Can't wait! I'll post pictures probably on Monday!

Sunday our big Brunch that we are having with all of our out of town family and my sister and her soon to be H will open their wedding gifts. The rest of the day we will all probably just chill and hang out. I think she leaves for her honeymoon on Monday?
  • Options
    Looks like it is a busy birthday week for NEYers! lavenderfields13futuremrshistorian
     Happy birthday! 

@swazzle sounds like you've got the motivation you need to get most of it done at least;  I don't know when we're moving in yet so that just feeds into my procrastination.

@beanbot2002  I think he was just being lazy, but if this is something he does all the time then something else is going on.  And you're not a Debbie Downer, feel free to vent away! Also, enjoy the horses! Riding horses is one of my favorite things to do to clear my mind.
  • Options
    @beanbot2002 - I don't think you have to worry about anyone here thinking of you as a Debbie Downer. We all love you to pieces and are happy you can vent your feelings here. We ALL do it! I honestly cannot even imagine how hard it all must be, and I hope that as time goes on, you have more and more "good" days and few bad days <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @beanbot2002 You are NOT a Debbie Downer. Losing a parent is the hardest thing in the world. Grief is a very strange, very long process, and it's different for everyone. I'm sorry that it doesn't feel like it's getting any easier. With time, it will. As for the wedding, she is absolutely going to be there with you in spirit. I'm sure she would not want you to cancel the wedding because of her absence. *hugs* 

@phira Get well soon!

@swazzle OMG HOUSE!!!!

@Hummingbird125 You know, I have those same thoughts about my brother possibly being gay. It eats me up thinking that he's uncomfortable and scared with his sexuality. I really hope both your friend and my brother can own who they are and find happiness.

I'm a zombie today and have a ton of stuff to do before I leave for Austin. I just finished the last of my caffeinated fall tea too. :( Sadness. Shouldn't buy more right now either since money needs to be earmarked for other things (like engagement pic prep and Christmas prep). *sigh*

So, last night after FI went back to work, I decided to go to the gym. I finished my mile on the elliptical and was maybe 1/4 of the way through my weight lifting plan when I caught something moving out of the corner of my eye. It was about the size of my hand and moving FAST across the floor of the gym. Couldn't make out what it was, but it saw me and just stopped moving. It blended in with the carpet, and after about 5 minutes of staring at the same patch of carpet with no movement, I thought I was being crazy and got back to my workout. A few minutes later, it moves again... closer to me and right in front of the dumbbells. I mean, this thing was hauling ass. And, again, it stopped, watched me, didn't move. At this point I'm well aware that only a spider would behave this way, and it's clearly stalking me. I noped right out of there. *shudders* I'm really bummed I couldn't get more of a workout in, but I don't play with giant spiders. No sirree. 

After that I packed for me and FI, and then I went to bed around midnight. I think FI got home from work around 12:30. We're both exhausted and crabby. I'm looking forward to our trip this weekend, but uuuuuugh don't want to drive there and deal with traffic. He has a hard time sleeping in beds that are not ours, so we'll see how he does this weekend. 

OK, I gotta tackle my to-do list and insert an IV of caffeine. 

• Options
    @southernpeach89 - AHHHHH! I can't believe it's tomorrow! I'm guessing she won't be able to check in with us today but send her all of our love! Can't wait to see pictures! Have a great time :)

@eilis1228 - Ew ew ew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not cool at all! 

• Options
    @lapeanut1018 I wont be on TK tomorrow so HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have an amazing and perfect day and HM! Can't wait to see photos!
    Anniversary

• Options
    imageimage

More smiling puppies! I found an article full of these pictures and needed to share.

My parents are meeting BF's parents tomorrow. Should be fun. We'll be drinking a lot of homebrew, so that should make everyone more comfortable, haha!

• Options
    @elilis1228 ahhh I fucking hate spiders with a passion. They're so creepy. I can't believe it was stalking you.
    I was driving my car on Saturday and a big one dropped down from my rearview mirror to my console and scurried away. I was panicking becuase I didn't know where it went. Still haven't found it and I've been glancing around nervously every time I've driven my car since.
    Someone told me spider only live 5 days. I didn't believe that so I googled it. Google says 1-2 YEARS. I can't.

• Options
    @swazzle It was awful! I need to contact the leasing office and have them spray. Otherwise I'll be too scared to go back in there alone lol.

@lavenderfields13 THAT IS NOT OKAY! I would be panicking every time I got in the car! Holy crap! I can't believe you didn't wreck when he dropped down. You are a brave soul!

• Options
    BaytoSA2013BaytoSA2013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014

@swazzle - you are moving!!  I can't believe it was so quick.

@beanbot2002 - you are NOT a Debbie downer, you shut your mouth with that.  You come here all you need and vent, that's an order.  As far as Bean goes, maybe he didn't want to stress you out with the fact that his corndogs were gone.  In his mind he might not think of an alternative, just that you might be upset.  Kids really do think differently.

I feel like we have SO much going on right now.  H comes home from his work trip today and we have to get all our paperwork together for the house because we are closing on the 17th of November!  This means packing for us too, not looking forward to moving AGAIN except that it's in to our new house.

I'm nervous for our first appointment with the OB, just want everything to be all good in there.  Good news is that I talked to our insurance and it's not going to cost as much as I thought to have a baby..shoooooo

I was asked to be a team lead and then transition in to a supervisor at work.  We haven't worked out the details but I'm really hoping this comes with a nice little raise!

Tomorrow I get to be DD for a brunch celebrating a friends birthday.   

Edit: because typing is hard on Fridays

Formerly doubless07
  • Options
    Thanks @speakeasy14!!

@lapeanut1018 - AAAAHHH WEDDING!!!!!!!

Birthday Weekend + Fall Break = Happy Historian!

I enjoyed a few glasses of wine last night in celebration of finishing my dissertation chapter, so I just got out of bed approximately an hour ago...oops.

Today I teach a Zumba class, and then I'm going to get my hair done.  I'm trying a new stylist, so I'm super nervous...I love getting my hair done, but I'm picky, and the girl who was doing my hair is having a baby and going to be stay-at-home-mom.  I'm super happy for her, but now I have to find a new stylist.  After that, I think I might go to the gym and do some lifting, or maybe come home and go for a run...it's gorgeous outside.

Tomorrow is actually my birthday, and my mom is taking me to lunch and then to a matinee at the ballet.  After that, I'll probably have dinner with my parents and brother (they live on the opposite side of town)...mom has promised to make me a birthday cake with Nutella buttercream frosting.  Which I'm pretty sure is basically heaven.

Sunday is church and chores.  I need to switch over my closets from "Oklahoma Summer of Death" to "Maybe it's Going to Get Cooler Now."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards