New Jersey

sorry for the posts... thanks

melanieC421melanieC421 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited October 2014 in New Jersey
Didn't realize that when I put it up..... Thanks for letting me know.

Re: sorry for the posts... thanks

• ... that's not how this works. 

For the most part, the community is made up of people planning/have planned/ like to talk about planning a wedding and not vendors. We can make some suggestions of photographers to contact. 
  • Vendors are not allowed here so you're not going to get any replies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • *Photographer wanted for Wedding (Oct. 2015) (Stanhope, NJ)*

We are looking for a photographer for our wedding next year in Stanhope, NJ. (10-10-2015)

Will consider Professionals, Artists, Photography students looking to expand their portfolio, etc.
    Must have a portfolio for us to view and your own equipment.

The location and wedding will be rustic. Outdoors and indoor photos needed.

Hours: approx. 7hrs. (3p-10p)
    Date: Saturday, Oct. 10th, 2015
    Compensation: We are offering cash and a good meal. Compensation amount will be discussed once we have looked over portfolio. (we will not cheat you or low-ball)
    Contracts: We will have a contract written up to protect both parties.

Please contact us if you are interested. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE
    This makes me laugh.  

It also sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.  Hire a professional.  Unless you are willing to take chances with your wedding photos. Not me.  Once in a lifetime event, I sure as hell wasn't leaving it to anyone other than a reputable professional.

And as PPs said, this forum is not for advertising services nor requesting services.  
  • melanieC421melanieC421 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2014
    ok, thanks... no reason to get rude or make fun of us.  BTW found an amazing photographer who just finished school and we got an amazing deal... even the greats have to start somewhere, so give people a chance, how else are they supposed to  become "professionals", as you put it?!

• ok, thanks... no reason to get rude or make fun of us.  BTW found an amazing photographer who just finished school and we got an amazing deal... even the greats have to start somewhere, so give people a chance, how else are they supposed to  become "professionals", as you put it?!

Good for you.  I wasn't willing to leave my once in a lifetime wedding photos to chance and in the hands of someone just starting out.  
  • Gordo2014Gordo2014 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014

It's great that you found someone to give you a deal, but don't fail to recognize that "deals" come with risks.  Wedding photography is expensive in part because it's hard; I'm sure there's a whole lot more to it than asking people to smile.

How many camera's does he have?  When we met with our photographer, he made a point to tell me he has four.  As he put it, cameras are more computer than camera these days and one can fail to power up at any time . . . like just as you're coming down the aisle.  In his case, he just reaches for another and doesn't miss anything.  If your student photographer has only one camera and it stops working, what's he going to do?

Is he insured?  Only about a week ago, our venue asked us to get certificates of insurance for all vendors we will have on their site including our photographer.  Just before your wedding date is not the time to find out you can't use your photographer because he's not insured.

There are other things to consider/worry about, but you get the idea.  I'm not saying that you shouldn't use a student or that cheap photographers are necessarily bad, but they come with very real risks and almost certainly differences in quality.  Jump in with both eyes open. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards