Oregon

All/Semi-Inclusive Portland Venues

Hi there, my mom is planning a wedding on pretty short notice in Portland for this upcoming August and has enlisted my help.  She's looking for something pretty inclusive (food, linens, etc) to minimize the amount of planning she has to do, and to have the ceremony and reception in the same space.  She's thinking 50 people, and is hoping to keep it under $5k.  Is this possible?  I'm really unfamiliar with costs in the area.  TIA for your help!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: All/Semi-Inclusive Portland Venues

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, I don't know if that will be doable or not, though on such short notice venues might be willing to work with her since it's unlikely they'll book it otherwise.  Here's a bunch she can try

Gray Gables
    Weatherford's Grand Lodge
    Ainsworth House and Gardens
    Lakeside Gardens
    Bell Tower Chapel
    Amadeus at the Fernwood
    Stone Cliff Inn
    Portland City Grill
    Portland's White House
    The Aerie at Eagle Landing
    Portland Spirit, Dolphin, Crystal, or Columbia Sternwheeler (boats)
    World Trade Center
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks very much, I'll check these out and pass them along. 
  • thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she is flexible on the day of the week, she might want to check out The Abernethy Center for a weekday price.  The site says that Mon-Thurs that the site rental is $1400 for any 5 hour block of time.  The Saturday evening rate is $6500 for the same site and services.  She would save $5100!!!

Also she could check other locations for weekday prices to keep the costs low.
  • Mary KenefickMary Kenefick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Urban Studio. We are using them in November and our estimate for everything (ceremony, reception, rentals of tables linenes etc, food) was right at 5k for and estimated 80 people. Urbanstudiopdx.com
    Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks again!

She is not flexible on the date; they chose it because people will already be in town for another event, and some people have already made travel plans.  And honestly, since most of the guests are OOT, a weekday would be pretty inconvenient - I know that DH and I are already struggling to make this Sunday date, as it is.
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Hotel DeLuxe.
    That's where we're getting married in July, they do the catering, linens, tables/chairs, set up and everything. They have been super nice and helpful, too, and we just booked it in April for July, so maybe they would be open!
  • Ktcuti81Ktcuti81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd check out Scottish Rite Center and Polish Library.  They're very reasonably priced and let you bring in your own alcohol.  Tables and chairs are covered in the rental, among other things.  Scottish Rite Center only requires a $100 deposit and payment in full two weeks before the wedding.  It's also right downtown.  So that could be very near the guest hotel.
  • amyandjessamyandjess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The McMenamin's locations are pretty inclusive... they'll do the food, the service, the linens, etc for just a minimum food/beverage price. If she can do a daytime wedding or a weekday, it could absolutely be under $5k.
  • edited December 2011
    I would recomend the Hostess House in Vancouver. They do EVERYTHING for you, and it's really not that expensive. The only reason we chose not to go with them is you have to use their catering, which for dinner runs about $20/person, and we're planning on about 150 people. That's just a little bit out of our price range... But even so, we were only looking at about maybe $6,500 for 150 people. So if she's only planning on 50 people, you could definitely stay well below $5,000.

And like I said, they do everything for you. They have a caterer, florist, invitation, & gown shop all on site. And the chapel is gorgeous (they're website really doesn't do the place justice. All the pictures look like they're from the 80's...)

I really suggest you check them out http://www.thehostesshouse.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards