Registry and Gift Forum

What are some great ideas for gifts to give to the parents of the bride and groom?

Hi,

My fiance and I are having trouble brainstorming on gift ideas for our parents for the wedding. We don't want to do the typical photo framed or poem ideas we keep reading about. What are some unique ideas?

Thanks!!

Re: What are some great ideas for gifts to give to the parents of the bride and groom?

• We gave restaurant gift cards and heartfelt letters of thanks for their love and support. The letters meant a lot more to them.
  • My suggestions are gift cards and/or a bottle of wine (if they drink).  Including a personal touch, like what Emmy mentioned with the letter, is a warm addition. 
  • jenijoykjenijoyk member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2014

Etsy was my savior on this. I gave my mom an embroidered hankerchief that said "Mother of the Bride" and then the date and then my and my husbands name. I also gave her a necklace that matched the theme of our wedding.

I gave my dad cufflinks I found on etsy, with little pictures of him and me as little kid in them. He LOVED them and wore them with his tux at the wedding and kept showing everyone. I also gave him an embroidered mens hankie that said Father of the Bride.

My husband found a fancy necklace for his mom and also got his dad cufflinks made from the floor of their college basketball court that was recently redone.

And of course, we wrote heartfelt thankyou notes to go with each gift.

• We gave ours framed art.
    *********************************************************************************

• What's wrong with typical? Our parents loved their framed photos.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards