Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday chat...?

2»

Re: Monday chat...?

• Options
    @phira, feel better soon!

@swazzle, good luck with the move! I've done the Uhaul move before and I hope it goes better for you than it did for us. It was way too much - I'm hiring next time in the "shut up and take my money" way.

@cocobellaf, good job on the 5k!

@dignity100, welcome back, Mrs.!

@twodimes, pass along your cheap furniture-finding mojo please. Also you've never been to Menards before? FI and I lived there this summer.

@peaseblossom55, good luck TTC!

@kaitlynmichelle, KITTY! Hello Raven!

@clogreeneyes, way to coupon!

@hummingbird125, sorry about your tire. Have fun with the new phone!

@speakeasy14, a pampering day sounds like so much fun.

@bethsmiles, yay for chapter 4!
    ---
    I had a pretty good weekend. Nothing special, but reasonably productive. FI got the final bookshelf put up in the library. I worked on the knitting. I'm a little short of where I need to be. Gaming was short on Friday night because some people didn't show up and didn't tell anyone they weren't going to. I started Demaryius Thomas last night in fantasy football and am now thinking about naming my firstborn after him - male or female. 

I had one little problem. My brother's GF went to a wine and painting party. I mentioned her painting was beautiful and asked if you could do it without any artistic talent. She said you can, I told her I'd have to watch for a class ... and her next words were that we should do it for my bridal shower or bachelorette party. Truth be told, I don't want to do that. I'm worried that it would be expensive for her ($400 for 10 people) and I don't want to hurt my MOH, who is so enthusiastic about my wedding and so sad that she's far away and feels like she can't do anything. But I can't figure out a way to tell her that without really insulting her. Ugh.
  • Options
    Ugh, just realized I misquoted an order that we'd already had major issues with. I feel nauseous. I contacted the buyer and let them know of the error, and I'm anticipating a really angry phone call. This lady was SO MEAN last time, and the initial error wasn't even my company's fault. Now that I'm the one at fault for pricing, I can only imagine the new butthole that I will be ripped... 

Yay Monday.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Phira - I hope you feel better soon!

@Swazzle - Movers suck.  The only time I thought about hiring them was when I moved from CT back to OK and it was going to cost at least $4000.  I ended up selling/giving away all my big stuff, shipping my books back media mail rate, and cramming literally everything else into my Elantra  There was no spare space, but the only major casualty was my relationship with my college boyfriend.  And that relationship needed to end anyway.

My weekend was AWESOME.  On Saturday, Mom took me to the lunch and the ballet Cinderella for my birthday.  We had lunch at a fancy schmancy restaurant that we couldn't have afforded normally and stuffed ourselves with yummy food and wine and this divine chocolate cake with almonds and whipped cream.  The ballet was incredible--the most fun part was that there were literally probably 500 little girls dressed up as Cinderella in the auditorium.  So freaking cute I couldn't stand it.

On Sunday we had church and then a worship committee meeting.  I did have a little bit of a tiff with my pastor.  I love her so much (she's basically my second mother), but she hasn't taken my decision to convert to Catholicism very well at all.  She has a lot of problems with the Church's stance on women, LGBT issues, and other social issues, and she's very outspoken about it, which translates into me feeling like she isn't being supportive.  This is a HUGE decision that was really tough for me to make, and I think I'm a little insecure that my family and closest friends aren't going to support me on this (which is ridiculous...my family is awesome).

Also, I think Mr. H is plotting something.  He's been away training for his next deployment, which usually means we hardly get to speak except maybe via email once a week.  But last Wednesday, he started texting me regularly every day, and last night we were able to talk on the phone.  It just feels like he's trying to surprise me with something.  He has this obsession with surprising me, but he always gives himself away before he does it because he gets so excited (it's totally adorable).  Anyway, I'm hoping that's what's going on now...I could use a week with him before they send him off to parts unknown again.  Not going to lie, I'm totally crossing my fingers.

OK...I've wasted enough time here.  I have literally a mountain of grading to catch up on.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian - where did you go eat???
  • Options
    @hummingbird125 -I wanted to tell you that I made that pumpkin bread recipe you gave me this weekend and it was AMAZING!!!! I made two loaves and we just finished the first.
  • Options
    Thank goodness, I'm finally home. The Sudafed wore off sometime around 2:45; it was a noticeable difference. I took Nyquil a few minutes ago; I know it'll zombi-fy me but that's preferable to being awake right now.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF -- Nonna's!  I couldn't believe I've never been there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards