Wedding Woes

Halloween Costumes

What costumes are you and/or your kiddos wearing for Halloween?

DD is being Anna from Frozen. At first I tried to talk her out of it, because you know there will be a million other Anna's and Elsa's out there.  But then, I realized that if that's what she wants to be, then that's who she should be.  There won't be many more years of her being excited about becoming someone else.
She already had the Anna coronation dress, so I'm making her a cape.  Now, watch, it will be 80 degrees out and she won't want to wear the cape...

DH and I haven't been invited to any parties, so I don't think we'll need to worry about costumes.  But if we are, we can probably put some pirate stuff together.

Re: Halloween Costumes

• DH and I are going as lumberjacks.  Easy and warm as we'll be outdoors for a trunk or treat.
  • iron man. he's never seen any of the movies or cartoons, but i think all his little friends at daycare are going to be superheroes and they all chose a different one. i know his best friend is going to be spiderman.
  • @hmonkey - is it one of those costumes with the muscles built in?  Those are totes adorbs.
  • The big folk...no costume.

The little: Cinderella. Because her school BFF is going to be Sofia the First. Oh joy. We were so close to being a bumblebee or butterfly!

But like AF, I didn't want to actively talk her out if it. At least I'll get some fun out of it and sew it as opposed to just buying one. Found a good, detailed blog entry about how to make one, even drafted my own pattern. Burning the midnight oil, but I have a drop-dead deadline of Friday (that's the only way I get shit done). Its a beast of satiny fabric and tulle, but it's looking pretty good so far.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DefConn wants to go as a Teenage Mutant "Ninjun" Turtle.  I haven't even started looking for his costume yet.  So he may get what he gets, lol. 

The kiddo has one of those stupid scream masks and loves to torment DefConn with it.  DH is letting him go out one more year.  

I think my nieces are coming to do ToT with us. 
  • DD1 is going to be Frankie Stein from Monster High.

DD2 is going to be Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

DH and I are going to a halloween party and are going to be Doug Funnie and Patti Mayonnaise.
  • Wolverine asked to be Leonardo from TMNT. I bought her 2 katanas at the $1 store, but I still need to get the fabric to make a shell and sword belt.  I'll just buy her a green t-shirt and long green pants ( or buy white and dye them like i did last year) to put under the shell. 
  • DS is going as Bumblebee from the Transformers.

DD is going as a cupcake.

I am undecided on dressing up. If I do, it'll be something simple like a pair of cat ears and a tail with some makeup. DH never dresses up.
  • @auntflo, yes. i wanted the mask that flips up, but it's too big for him.
  • AuntFlo said:
    But then, I realized that if that's what she wants to be, then that's who she should be.  There won't be many more years of her being excited about becoming someone else.
    This, for DD, who will be Elsa.  DS is going to be Olaf.
  • I'm making PF's ghostbuster costume and H and I will buy ours'.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards