Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Withdrawal? Now what?

Anyone else recently married and having withdrawal? LOL

We got married last Sunday (the 12th) and I just don't know what to do with myself! lol. I do have to do the whole name change thing and do thank you cards. But now what?

We had a long engagement 3+ years - and although i wasn't planning our wedding all that time I always had that to fall back on (thinking of ideas and concepts). We bought a house in that time. Holding off on a baby at least a year.

I have been looking into taking classes at our local Jo-Ann fabrics (sewing/baking) and I've also looked around for book club type of things. I may look into an indoor or spring soccer team since I played growing up.

But fellow recent brides, what are you doing with your free time now that the big day is over?

Re: Withdrawal? Now what?

• Options
    My BFF is getting married (this weekend!) I am helping with hers.  After that my brother is getting married... plenty of others to help. Not sure what I'll do after that.  I'm thinking of finding people to hook up just so I can help them plan.  <- just kidding... 

I do miss it, but am focusing on the house and Christmas parties and other things down the road. (Maybe a little one.. we'll see) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was happy that the wedding was over (I had a lot of stress right at the end), but I definitely missed the planning aspect of it. Right now we're redoing our master bath, so I'm focusing on that. And I've planned two short weekend get-aways for us in December and February. That has helped. 
  • Options
    vh2014 said:
    My BFF is getting married (this weekend!) I am helping with hers.  After that my brother is getting married... plenty of others to help. Not sure what I'll do after that.  I'm thinking of finding people to hook up just so I can help them plan.  <- just kidding... 

I do miss it, but am focusing on the house and Christmas parties and other things down the road. (Maybe a little one.. we'll see) 

Lucky you! We are the first couple out of all our friends getting married. So we are the parent" couple lol. My older sister got married in 2007 and none of my other siblings are at that point.

But yes we have things around the house to do. We are considering converting from oil to gas as we already have gas in our home for our water and stove. I am also going to paint our extra bedroom as right now its an ugly pink.

• Options
    I was happy that the wedding was over (I had a lot of stress right at the end), but I definitely missed the planning aspect of it. Right now we're redoing our master bath, so I'm focusing on that. And I've planned two short weekend get-aways for us in December and February. That has helped. 
    Yes. We will need some stuff around the house done. We are doing Thanksgiving in Vermont where the Mr's family has a home so while we are up there we are gonna go up to Burlington and stay a night as a mini-moon. I don't havemuch PTO since I started my job in March so taking advantage of long weekends.

• Options
    We are doing some re-decorating on our house and my SS just bought a house so we're helping him with the remodel. It's keeping us pretty busy right now.
  • Options
    Plan something new. Your next vacation.  Christmas decor, whatever.  Pick something else to focus on and plan and eventually, the planning bug will subside.
  • Options
    Plan something new. Your next vacation.  Christmas decor, whatever.  Pick something else to focus on and plan and eventually, the planning bug will subside.

Thanks! Yes, we've planned/booked our honeymoon last week and also a night trip in Burlington VT as well. So there's those things. There's plenty of projects around our house to do as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards