Not Engaged Yet

Oh Hey Guyz

Long time, no talk. What's new with everyone? I know a ton of people got married (@severmilli12, @dignity100, @lapeanut1018).

Sorry I haven't been on here, I moved from an office to a cube farm so I get no down-time. Plus TK doesn't work on my work computer.

Just a quick update to what's been going on (if you care, if not then move along)

Wedding Related:

Sent out our invites and the RSVPs are coming in fast and furious!

Had my bridal shower @csousa1, @swazzle, and @hummingbird125 were there along with a ton of my friends from work and my mom. It was so much fun. My MOH and BM hosted it and had a nacho bar, games and booze. I got soooo many gifts, it was so nice to be loved by everyone. Some drama went on between FMIL, my mother and I but I'm doing my best with the situation and avoiding FMIL until the wedding.

My mom brought her cake knife that my parents used for their wedding down when she came for the shower. I brought it in to get engraved with our names and wedding date, my parent's name and wedding date are on the other side. It's a nice knife, a silver handle, not my style, but tradition...

I had my first dress fitting and decided to not go with the sash that everyone on here helped me pick out. In better lighting (ie: not my guest bedroom) the sash is a lot more gold and the dress is more silver-ish looking so if anyone wants to buy a sash, PM me.

FI and I got our marriage license!!!!

I got my MOH and BMs their gifts, I'm just waiting for Christmas wrapping paper to come out so I can find plan red wrapping paper to wrap their gifts. I got some generic BP gifts and some personal ones. I hope they like everything.

My wedding band came in!!!! It's gorgeous!!!!! I can't wear it again until the wedding though :(

I have to meet with ALL THE VENDORS next month. 

I have my hair and makeup trial next month. They're coming to my house. I'm going to drink mimosas.

Non-WR updates:

I just want to get this wedding stuff over with, I wish we just eloped and I have that feeling in the back of my head every time something goes wrong or I have negative feelings. 

My new office is nice even though it's a cube farm. We go out for happy hour once a month at nice restaurants.

I HAD THE BEST TIME EVER in NOLA with @swazzle, @csousa1, @hummingbird125, @audrewuh, and other TKers that I can't remember their SNs. They threw me an impromptu bacherlorette party and made me cry (I'm not one to cry!). The only bad part was flying with @hummingbird125. I thought I was a nervous flier, JFC. I still love her though.

My kittens are getting SO BIG. I wish I could smush them back to small kitten size again.

Um, I guess that's it? I'll try to post pictures later when I'm not feeling lazy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: Oh Hey Guyz

• Oh wow, lots of fun things going on in your life. I'm really glad you're liking the new job, but we miss you 'round these parts! I'm sorry there's drama with your mom, FMIL, and you... that's always rough, especially right before the wedding. At least you'll be married to your FI in less than 2 months though, which is really exciting. :)

Walmart has plain red wrapping paper year-round, btw. It's with the greeting cards. It's pretty good quality too. It isn't super wrinkly or easy to tear. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I MISS YOU. <3<3<3<3

I wish we'd eloped, too, although I wanted to elope in the first place. J's asked me to stop mentioning that as we get closer, since all the last minute stuff is driving us up a wall. But I think even he's like jfc why didn't we elope.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @eilis1228 Thanks for the tip about red wrapping paper, I'll have to send FI to Walmart, I hate it there, it makes my blood boil!

@phira every time something happens I say to FI "we could have just eloped". He agrees, but he also wanted his family (FMIL) there. She doesn't fly because it's too long for her to sit in one place, yet she never leaves her couch for 12 hours a day...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I missed you!!

So much good stuff going on! I'm glad you like your new job.

About the only WR-related thing new is FI and I took engagement photos. AW thread at link.

And I have a craft show next month and I'm working on my ... sixth? Seventh? Blanket for the show. Much knitting.
  • @keptinstiches I love your e-pics!!!!!

I haven't done much knitting :( I did teach myself to crochet so I guess that's what took up most of my summer. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown

We miss you around here! I'm glad you like your new job, but boo for cube farms and no TK time!

WOW so much WR stuff! Sounds like it's all going well…except for the mom/FMIL drama, boo to that. My FMIL was driving me crazy a couple weeks ago, which has never happened before and it made me sad :(

Mimosas with your hair and makeup trial is an excellent idea…I'm going to store that away for a few months from now.

I forgot that you got kittens recently-ish! Pictures! I want to see the not-so-baby-kittens

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Welcome baccccccccccccck!!! YOUR WEDDING IS SO CLOSE.
    Anniversary

• glad to see you back, @buddysmom80!!

I wished that I'd eloped by this time, too.  big hugs!!
  • Hey you!!  I was wondering what happened to you!!

Anniversary
  • @Buddysmom80 - I'm sorry that you wish you would have eloped, but I am SO SO SO SO SOOOOO happy you didn't. Yours will be the first "real" wedding reception for one of MY friends that I've ever been to, and I'm so excited to see you marry your wonderful fiance. I guarantee you I will cry (not that it takes very much for that to happen). I cannot WAIT to celebrate that day with you, and I know it's going to be incredible.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG I can't believe how close your wedding is!! That is so exciting.  There were times I wished we had eloped too, but the day of was so wonderful and perfect.  I wouldn't change it for the world.  Pics of the kittens when you get a chance.

Anniversary

• Awwww @buddysmom80 I've missed you! It sounds like you have gotten sooo much done! It all sounds super exciting! Your bridal shower sounded like it was a blast! 
  • I HATE THAT I AM NOT IN ANY OF YOUR UPDATES BECAUSE MY JOB IS A LIFE RUINER AND I COULDN'T COME TO ANYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

I love you. Your copy of our family picture is going to be your wedding gift, I hope T doesn't mind.

*******************************************************************************************

• MOUTH KISSES.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards