Chit Chat
Options

AWWWW, YEAH! My last minute MI mini-moon plans came together!

And I am sooooo happy that it worked out!

I didn't this I was going to be able to take any time off becuase of the timing of starting my new job, but I ended up being able to take a long weekend 11/6-11/10 and borrow H's cousins' vacation home in MI.

It's only a 2-ish hour drive to New Buffalo (it's pretty far south), so we will have plenty of time to spend there :) His cousins were super sweet and gave us a big list of all their favorite breweries, wineries, hangouts, etc., but are any of you MI Knotties familiar with the area? Any suggestions?

Re: AWWWW, YEAH! My last minute MI mini-moon plans came together!

• Options
    That's awesome! No suggestions that far southwest though, sorrie . :(

• Options
    That's awesome! No suggestions that far southwest though, sorrie . :(
    You have no idea how bummed I am that I can't hire your awesome DD.
  • Options
    wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    That's basically Indiana.

I kid. I kid. ;)

My friends love this place:

I checked TripAdvisor for attractions, and I got lots of beaches (not this time of year!), horseback riding, spas, a winery, and the MDOT Welcome Center on I-94. Lolololololololol... wtf.
  • Options

I kid. I kid. ;)

I checked TripAdvisor for attractions, and I got lots of beaches (not this time of year!), horseback riding, spas, a winery, and the MDOT Welcome Center on I-94. Lolololololololol... wtf.
    Hahahahaha, it pretty much is!

Dying at the welcome center suggestion! Thanks, TripAdvisor.
  • Options

I kid. I kid. ;)

Sooo...I love to stop at the welcome centers on road trips.  They can actually be a really good resource for local activities, andplusalso a lot of them will have coupons for local attractions. 

• Options
    I'm from Marquette and only just moved to the Detroit area, so I don't have any suggestions that far south. 

However, the lake will be beautiful!!!! Welcome to MI and have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    That's great! Enjoy!
  • Options
    I love that area!! DH and I have gone wine tasting there and absoulely loved it.

As PP mentioned, Round Barn Winey is amazing! We also went to Lemon Creek Winery and Domaine Berrien Cellars. There are a ton of wineries in that area that are pretty close together! There are some great beaches that way where you can watch the sunset. Warren state dunes or something like that...?

There's not a ton out there in terms of eating/restaurants/night life, from what I remember, but we stayed at a camp ground and hung out there.

Enjoy!!!!
    imageimage">
  • Options

I kid. I kid. ;)

Sooo...I love to stop at the welcome centers on road trips.  They can actually be a really good resource for local activities, andplusalso a lot of them will have coupons for local attractions. 
    Oh, totally. I just thought it was funny that it popped up as one of the top attractions. :)
  • Options
    Have a great time! 
  • Options
    That's awesome, have fun!

I'm not familiar with that area at all, so I can't be of any help either.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards