Registry and Gift Forum

Registries???

My fiance and I just booked our hall last night so now we are going to start looking to register at Bed Bath and Beyond and Macys.  They sell just about the same things so how do I know which store we should register for which items?  Thanks! :)

Re: Registries???

• flantasticflantastic member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014

When is your wedding? You don't want to register too early (even though it can be fun to do) because stuff will get discontinued between now and your wedding.

In terms of general advice, decide a) Does it matter if this item is good quality/needs to last forever? If the answer is yes, register for the item that seems to be better quality. Reviews are good. If the answer is no, register for the cheaper option - sometimes things are way overpriced for no reason, and there's no reason that your guests should have to purchase X when X1 at the other store is actually pretty much the same and is cheaper.

• Ditto @flantastic.  And if either store could work, I'd pick the one that you think is easier for people to get to/shop at.  For me, that's Bed, Bath and Beyond.  I much prefer going to stand alone stores than to the mall where Macy's is.  I also always have tons of BB&B coupons.
  • JoanE2012 said:
    Ditto @flantastic.  And if either store could work, I'd pick the one that you think is easier for people to get to/shop at.  For me, that's Bed, Bath and Beyond.  I much prefer going to stand alone stores than to the mall where Macy's is.  I also always have tons of BB&B coupons.
    Heh, I'm the opposite. I hate BB&B with the fire of a thousand suns. I avoid them at all costs.

• Aray82Aray82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    I've had good experiences with both BBB and Macys. BBB has the coupons but Macys has fabulous sales. Also if you get their Star rewards card you get 5% cash back on everything guests buy from your registry. Both stores had easy hassle free returns for store credit without the receipt (had shower OOT and got married OOT so returned for credit and repurchased the gifts back in my current town.) I will say that Macys gave me the full price back on each item, shipped everything out for free to my current town, and gave me a store credit for the leftover difference in the sales price the minute I explained my situation and told the registry person my plan to repurchase but it really was nbd to repurchase online and in store from BBB when we got back. I registered at whoever had the best price and selection for what I wanted at each. I did china and everyday dishware and towels, plus a few serving and bakeware items that I liked better than BBB's options at Macys, and most of the practical everyday stuff at BBB (like stemless wine glasses at 20 bucks for a set of 12, veggie peeler set, pots and pans that were always at the Macy's sale price). I read product reviews and looked at other peoples registries online to get ideas. Both registries got nearly the same amount of gifts purchased off them. So I say, you can't go wrong with both! Eta: Macys also has a 20 percent completion discount and BBB only has 10. You can use macys as many times before it expires but BBB you have to use all in one swoop,
  • Also, register for a red wine aerator and a Magic Bullet. Total game changers in our house!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards