Chit Chat

First Test

So I've been a wife for a week and a half now, and last night was the first time I really had to step up and support my husband. H was driving home last night, abiding the speed limit, watching the road, when a cat ran out into the road and under his car. He tried to swerve, but he hit it and itdied instantly. H is beside himself. We have a kitty ourselves (though we don't let her outside), and he can't even kill a bug. There was obviously nothing I could say, but I just held him and cried with him. It hurt so much to see him so upset. Just a reminder to hug your furbabies and your SOs.

Re: First Test

• Oh man :( I'm so sorry for your H. I would also be beside myself. My dad hit a loose dog once and he was a wreck (even worse, when he called animal control, they said they'd had complaints from others about the same dog being loose). 

Did you find the owners? 
  • How sad and poor kitty! There's nothing he could have done differently. Hope he doesn't beat himself up too much and feels better soon.
  • He found a neighbor who said it was a stray. She said she would bury it. Poor kitty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards