Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday Chat!!!

It's almost Friday!! What is everyone up to today/tomorrow/this weekend?

I am in a fantastic mood because:

1) I get $$$$paid$$$$ tomorrow!
2) Tonight FI and I go to play trivia at our local bar (I love weekday date nights)
3) I just found out that not only are my Save-the-Dates being delivered tonight, but so is my iPhone6 !!! It's basically Christmas for me
4) I'm going to LI on Saturday for a day with my mom and youngest sister. I have appointments to meet with a florist, and to get my hair done at a blow-dry bar that @cu97tiger found for me. If I like how my hair turns out, and the style seems to last, then I'll book it for my wedding because it is super affordable.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Thursday Chat!!!

• Options
    @hummingbird125 it sounds like you have a fantastic weekend planned!

Today is actually my Friday since I'm taking tomorrow off to get alll the things done! 

Tonight we are going to the Jake Owen concert with Eli Young Band which is one of my favorite bands! My stomach bug is getting better so I think I'll be able to function tonight without have to run to the bathroom every hour.

Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to work out...we will see how I feel. Then I need to run major errands and pick up some Halloween candy for next weekend. Then I need to go to Ann Taylor Loft to buy an outfit for our Fall family pictures this Saturday and get a haircut. Then I'll come home and clean a bit and put together some things for the photo shoot on Saturday.

Saturday is out photo shoot that H and I are taking with Maddux. Then afterwards we are going on a HELICOPTER ride to Chateau Elan for a wine tour with some friends. I'm so excited and it's all for free! My friend is an avid blogger and someone is basically giving this to her for free so they can advertise on her blog. 

Sunday H and I are finally going to a pumpkin patch and getting some pumpkins for house. Better late than never lol.
  • Options

Morning!

I can't wait for the weekend! Last weekend was so go go go and work has been busy with trying to catch up.

We met with our (probably) florist last night and we feel really good about booking her. She did the flowers for FSIL's wedding, FI's aunt/our wedding planner recommended her, all the pictures she showed us look great and I like her personality. She said she'll get us a quote by the end of the week; her prices were SUPER for FSIL's wedding so I'm hoping we can avoid  bit of the flower sticker shock!

Then I spent the rest of the evening watching the news. This shit in Ottawa yesterday is really upsetting, and there's an increased police presence in Toronto as a result which is great and all, but doesn't change what happened yesterday.

No plans tonight or tomorrow. FI has band practice at church tonight and I HAVE to clean my apartment; it's a bit of a shambles at the moment and it's making me nuts.I don't know what we're doing tomorrow night. Saturday I have a meeting for the camp board that I'm on, but I'll still get to sleep in and get a few other things done at home. Then my sister and her BF are coming up to FI's place with me Saturday night to hang out and watch the hockey game. Then Sunday is just church x2, and I plan on doing nothing in between!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @severmilli12 - cute photo of your dog!!

I had a dream last night that we were picking out a new puppy.  it was so exciting, and I woke up a little sad (no puppy breath, snuggles, fat bellies, or pink paws) but also a little relieved (no potty training!)  I told H and he was all: ".....so, you wanna get a puppy?"  he's never had a puppy, so he is gung-ho about getting one.  we already have 2 pups, and they can be high maintenance (Bella with her IBS and Bax with his neglect/abuse/fishbutt issues) so I don't know.  we barely have room for their crates as it is!!

let's see.. today I'm off at 3:45.  I'm going to go home and exercise (10 min walk, 10 min run for 1 mile, 10 min walk and then 20 min PIYO DVD), eat a snack, and teach piano lessons... and then dinner + study.  my life is SO EXCITING right now.

tomorrow I'll be off late morning, and H has a date planned, so I'm excited!
  • Options

@severmilli12 - Aw that photo is sweet! Your dog is seriously so cute.

@TwoDimes - Ugh, adulting :( I want a puppy when we get a house and FI keeps saying no :(

@Swazzle - EEE!!! 1 more day til you get your house!!!

@minskat30 - Yeah, everything I've heard about wedding flowers is that they are always stupidly and shockingly expensive. FMIL showed me the price list from FSIL's wedding a couple years ago (same florist) and it was less that our budget for flowers. I want to look at her itemized price list again, but I'm betting that we're asking for about the same amount of flowers or less, so keeping my fingers crossed that her prices haven't gone up dramatically in the last couple years! Also, LOVE your kitchen inspiration picture!!! The counter/backsplash/cabinet colour combination is really nice.

In other news, it looks like the sweater dresses I ordered should be delivered today or tomorrow! I only ordered them on Tuesday so I wasn't expecting them until early next week, so YAY!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Today is my Friday also.  I'm tired today and also just in a type of mood where I don't feel like dealing with people today and I have a coworker getting on my nerves.  Speaking of getting on my nerves my mom and sister keep adding people to my sister's shower guest list.  I already mailed out the invites on Monday so now I need to send out more. I also specifically asked my mom about 2 of her friends and she said no, she texts me yesterday saying her two friends didn't get their invites yet, you sent them right???? Ughh No because you told me not to invite them! My family is so disorganized...

I have nothing planned for tonight other than working out.  I need to get better with that too.  Tomorrow I have a crap load of errands to run around town, things like the dry cleaners, bank, post office, veggie market.  I need to get my passport updated with my new name too.  We have no other plans for the weekend really. A trip to HD to get the supplies for the flooring on Saturday and some football on Sunday. 

Anniversary

• Options

Today is the very first weekday since I got my pup that I haven't gotten up to walk or run with him in the morning. There was terrible rain yesterday, and it was still going strong this morning, so I played tug of war with him for half an hour and hopefully tired him out a bit. He likes to destroy things if he doesn't get his exercise.

I also just kind of wanted to lay in bed because my mind is all over the place. I think I'm going to take a pregnancy test today, which I've never done before. It's honestly my first pregnancy scare ever, and I'm only a little over two months into my three month cycle, so I don't have the missed period to signal me. I'm going off of other things that have changed in the last month. Kind of freaking out, even though I'm 90% sure I'm okay because I'm awesome with my pill. I think I'll do it at lunch. Wish me luck, haha! And by luck, I mean, wish that I'm not pregnant please!

• Options
    @AlPacina - Eeeek! Good luck! I'm sure it'll turn out fine, but I've been there and it's always stressful until you know for sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @alpacina, crossing my fingers for you!
  • Options
    So literally 15 minutes after posting, I got a call from my attorney telling me we may not be closing tomorrow or ever. The seller apparently let the house go into foreclosure and he needs to come up with significantly more money than he actually has in order to close tomorrow. Why this information is coming out the day before is beyond me.

I'm sad and angry and frustrated. Unless a miracle happens today, we're going to lose the house, be out a few thousand dollars, and have no place to live in a week.

• Options
    @Swazzle - Oh my goodness - I can't imagine all the things you are feeling right now. Personally I would be enraged about this! How could everyone involved not know what was required to get this house moved BEFORE foreclosure? I'm so sorry you're going through this. Sending you all the vibes and praying that a miracle does happen today for you guys. Hugs!
  • Options
    @Swazzle - Are you serious?! Why would you lose your deposit? The seller's are the ones who are defaulting on the contract. You should get your deposit back. How did they not know they were in foreclosure? It's not something that happens accidentally! I'm so upset FOR you.

• Options
    @swazzle, OMG are you serious? That is awful. I'm so upset for you right now. 

Anniversary

• Options
    I can't even.  that is awful.  surely they won't keep the deposit!
  • Options

WTF @Swazzle - Why the hell is this happening to people?  Hugs.  What other details did the attorney give you? I had the same situation (not yet foreclosure but the sellers were in a short sale position and didn't tell me until the day of closing).

Get your attorney on it...this is their job.  I represented us in our house closing and I was absolutely professional but wouldn't take "no"/"I don't know" for an answer.  Does your contract call for specific performance? Can you threaten them with a lawsuit for damages (not super helpful if the owners are broke as far as collecting though)?  How much is the difference in what he/she/they owe the bank?  Don't completely give up hope...you have to get your attorney and the seller's attorney to push, push, push the bank.  Sometimes the bank will listen with an offer in hand and agree to a short sale (our seller's bank wrote off a LOT of money). Make sure the property is actually in foreclosure and not pre-forclosure and they may be more willing to ignore the foreclosure procedure they have to follow to just do a short sale procedure.

Also, is the seller represented by an agent? This information needed to be disclosed to you (at least in my State in would).  You can threaten the agent as well with respect to his/her license if he/she knew the information or should have known the information.  Someone has to help cover your costs here as you did nothing wrong.

• Options
    @Swazzle Oh my God, what the fuck is that? I am so sorry, that is beyond awful; reading that made me feel sick, I can't even imagine how you feel right now. So many hugs and prayers for this to get resolved.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @Swazzle - OMG, that's terrible.  I'll think happy thoughts that everything works out!

@Southernpeach89 - Eli Young Band puts on an amazing show!  I've never seen Jake Owen, but it seems like those two together would be AWESOME.

@severmilli12 - I love the idea of reading together before bed!  I keep meaning to start new books, but after I do research or grading all day, Netflix sounds like a better idea.

@AlPacina - Definitely thinking about you. Pregnancy tests are so stressful!  Just remember that there are a lot of things that can cause your body to act strange.

I am totally dragging today.  I didn't fall asleep until 3:00 this morning.  Yesterday was crazy stressful, and I just couldn't unwind and go to sleep.  I had a contractor out yesterday to give me an estimate on what I thought was a little place on my roof that needed to be patched...turns out I need an entire new roof.  Luckily, most of it is storm damage (we had CRAZY summer and winter storms in 2013/early 2014), so he's going to work with the insurance company to try to get them to cover most of it.  So now I'm waiting for the insurance adjustor to call and schedule a time to come out and look at it...ugh.  I don't like being a grown-up!

Other than that, I'm just trying to get caught up on grading today.  My mom, brother, his girlfriend, and I are going up to Kansas tomorrow to meet up with my sister, brother-in-law, and NEPHEW.  BILs family lives up there, and they're flying in for a family event, and so we're going up to meet them.  They live in NC, so we hardly ever get to see them, so I'm super excited.  The last time I saw my nephew was at my other sister's wedding in May...he wasn't even crawling.  Now he's walking, and climbing, and saying "bus" and "book" and "ball" and "cat" and "apple"...I can't even.  So much cute.
  • Options
    @swazzle WHAT the motherfucking FUCK? UUUUUUGH. Fuck.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @swazzle - unreal. Unreal. You are in my thoughts today - good karma heading your direction.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much. I love this community more than words can express.

I don't really have much information. He apparently owes $25k (so not a small chunk of change). I don't know how this didn't come up before now.

We will get back our deposits but we've spent $850 for our attorney, $500 for the appraisal, $800 for the inspection and oil tank search, $300 for other random things, plus all that we've spent for the actual move itself.

• Options
    @minskat30‌ - My realtor said that the seller's attorney is working with the bank. I wish I knew more. After reading your post, I emailed my attorney and asked for an update. This is torture, just sitting around and waiting when I truly thought we were in the clear. I know it's silly but I bought a really cute address stamp on Tuesday when I heard from my mortgage company that we're approved and cleared to close and I feel like I jinxed it.

• Options
    @Swazzle - I hope things work out for you!!!  Holy cow, what crap!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    @Swazzle - OMG, that's terrible.  I'll think happy thoughts that everything works out!

@Southernpeach89 - Eli Young Band puts on an amazing show!  I've never seen Jake Owen, but it seems like those two together would be AWESOME.

@severmilli12 - I love the idea of reading together before bed!  I keep meaning to start new books, but after I do research or grading all day, Netflix sounds like a better idea.

@AlPacina - Definitely thinking about you. Pregnancy tests are so stressful!  Just remember that there are a lot of things that can cause your body to act strange.

I am totally dragging today.  I didn't fall asleep until 3:00 this morning.  Yesterday was crazy stressful, and I just couldn't unwind and go to sleep.  I had a contractor out yesterday to give me an estimate on what I thought was a little place on my roof that needed to be patched...turns out I need an entire new roof.  Luckily, most of it is storm damage (we had CRAZY summer and winter storms in 2013/early 2014), so he's going to work with the insurance company to try to get them to cover most of it.  So now I'm waiting for the insurance adjustor to call and schedule a time to come out and look at it...ugh.  I don't like being a grown-up!

Other than that, I'm just trying to get caught up on grading today.  My mom, brother, his girlfriend, and I are going up to Kansas tomorrow to meet up with my sister, brother-in-law, and NEPHEW.  BILs family lives up there, and they're flying in for a family event, and so we're going up to meet them.  They live in NC, so we hardly ever get to see them, so I'm super excited.  The last time I saw my nephew was at my other sister's wedding in May...he wasn't even crawling.  Now he's walking, and climbing, and saying "bus" and "book" and "ball" and "cat" and "apple"...I can't even.  So much cute.
    we had to replace our roof and windows, fence, etc. after the May 20 tornado, because it came so close (within a few house streets).  it was a pretty easy process.  USAA paid for everything.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian - H needs to replace the roof on his house.  The insurance adjuster came out and is blaming the flashing and said the storm damage was over 1 yr old so they would not be covering the roof.  They are however covering the interior damages at least.  Hopefully since your damage is not all that old they will work with you.  I know H's insurance mentioned that because shingles weren't missing he was pretty much on his own.

Anniversary
  • Options

@Swazzle - It SHOULD have come up before this.  It didn't in our case because the sellers were for sale by owner sellers and didn't have an attorney until the last minute.  If the seller is represented by counsel, I could see the attorney not knowing about the issue until they get the closing statement/lien results from the title company but if the seller is represented by a licensed real estate agent and the home is in foreclosure, they should have known that unless they are saying their client lied to them and unless the foreclosure *just* happened.  An agent cannot list a home that is in foreclosure or short sale as anything but that (again, at least in my state) when they go to sell it.  You should try to hold those people accountable if you can (for example, the seller's agent, if properly "motivated" may take a cut off their commission to make a sale happen in circumstances where their actions are questionable).  Depending on what your contract says, you might be able to seek damanges from the sellers too for the thousands you are out. 

Our seller's bank wrote off $20k so don't give up hope.  Please also make sure the house is actually IN foreclosure.  Banks sometimes have more leeway on striking a deal if the foreclosure procedure hasn't been fully commenced.  I know you and I haven't actually met but if you need to chat, I'm happy to have a call with you.  My heart is just breaking for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards