Wedding Woes

Good morning :)

We've done so much shoping since we moved.  The amount of $$ DH and I are spending is freaking us out.  BUT it's all been for stuff we planned on buying.  It's still a lot of coin. 

However, I did order my furniture yesterday!!  Everything is coming Monday except for my desk and a recliner.  But my couches, new bed, and mattress will all be delievered and set up.  SQUEE!! 

I bought a new vacuum (A shark. I wanted one, it was on sale at Target...Fate brought us together. ;)) DefConn is in love with it.  He'll even use it when it's on because it's a 'quiet' vacuum.  He was pissed that DH got home too late for him to show daddy that the new vacuum doesn't scare him. 

I'm trying the riding boot/long sweater/leggings look.  Not sure how I feel about the look, but it sure is comfy. 

Re: Good morning :)

• H threw a wrench into our Halloween costume idea. Originally all three of us were going to be ghostbusters. It's still on the table but now he mentioned being Marty McFly, Jennifer, and making PF Doc Brown. Both are awesome ideas. I need to price them out to see which will be cheaper.

I desperately want a new couch, but until we can most insure than no one is going to constantly puke on it, we're not dropping the money for a new couch. Booooooo.

I officially have to go out and get some maternity clothes. I had a freak out about that yesterday for no reason.
  • I love my shark vacuum, DefConn is right - it is quiet, its also light and I love how it goes flat right under things.

I would like to try the boots/leggings look but I need to lose a lot of weight first.  I went to the Cardio. monday for a check up after my stents - and I now weight 189!!!  This is more than I weighed 9 months pregnant.  I'm short, so its a lot, I've got to get started working out now that I feel better with the stents.

• There is lice at m2's preschool. It was in a different room so I'm hoping a pony and a spritz of hair spray keeps her safe. Our couch is awful. It's ripped and the recliners don't work and it's old. Thing is, I slept on that couch the first two weeks of my kids' lives. They took/take naps on that couch. I nursed them all snuggled up on that couch. I'll be sad to get rid of them. It's one of the few things all three of them have used. That said, I just sent my mom an email asking if she wants to take the kids overnight so Dh and I can do some house stuff and furniture shop.
  • I have gotten groceries, been to the post office and JoAnn Fabrics.  I picked up a couple clearance halloween paint projects (just little pieces of wood in the shape of a ghost and frankenstein's monster.  came with a paintbrush and three teeny paint colors) so the girls are working quietly right now.

The kids are out of school until Monday because of conferences today and tomorrow.  We're going to bake later and I have another halloween project for them to make.
  • Our anatomy scan is in 45 minutes and I am quietly panicking :|.

Aww, everyone'll do great and have all their bits and pieces accounted for :)
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Juche, I think you're a good baker.  Good vibes all around.

I don't have much.  I've decided no new furniture until the pets are gone.  Which, in reality, is a pipe dream.  I'm not sure I can not have a dog in my life.  I can danged well do without the cats though and they're the major destroyers in our house.

We've changed over to nearly 100% vegetarian meal plan and I love it.  Mainly b/c I finally found a good meal plan planner.  I also like not having to remember to defrost anything.
  • I have the same issue with our purchases lately. I had to go to Lowe's for light fixtures (just some simple sconces) and it was about $120. Not a huge amount, but I'm about to spend another $100 on paint, a fair amount on rugs and some miscellaneous furniture, and we need to buy the new baseboards.

I am tired this morning. Another long night, another day of DH irritating the living shit out of me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards