Chit Chat

Our Venue was on Ghost Hunters!

Well, it was last year, anyway.  They re-ran the episode yesterday so FI and I DVR'd it and watched last night.  It's such a fascinating old property, and I'm glad we're using it in the spring.  The owner mentioned that they are in fund-raising mode to demolish some buildings and renovate some of the others for 55 and over housing - I'm glad we're getting it before it's basically turned into a winery with apartments on the side. 

We've heard it was haunted - kinda why I wanted to book it!  Plus I love old buildings with character.  This "compound" (it has several buildings besides the main building they use for the winery - it used to be an orphanage) has had a nursing home, morgue, and various other uses over the 100 or so years it's been there. 

LINK

Re: Our Venue was on Ghost Hunters!

• That is really neat! What a cool venue. I thought it was amusing in the synopsis you linked that the owner was worried displaced ghosts would move into the winery rather than worried they would take over the new apartments you mentioned.
  • Yeah we kinda chuckled while watching it because they really do like to play up the drama on this show (not one I usually watch).  FI doesn't believe in ghosts or anything, but he'll humor me. 

• Badass! That is so cool.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Well, it was last year, anyway.  They re-ran the episode yesterday so FI and I DVR'd it and watched last night.  It's such a fascinating old property, and I'm glad we're using it in the spring.  The owner mentioned that they are in fund-raising mode to demolish some buildings and renovate some of the others for 55 and over housing - I'm glad we're getting it before it's basically turned into a winery with apartments on the side. 

We've heard it was haunted - kinda why I wanted to book it!  Plus I love old buildings with character.  This "compound" (it has several buildings besides the main building they use for the winery - it used to be an orphanage) has had a nursing home, morgue, and various other uses over the 100 or so years it's been there. 

LINK

If you're into that kind of stuff, awesome!
    I watch way too much Supernatural to ever knowingly host an event somewhere possibly haunted. ;-) 

• Omg...that's SO COOL!!!

I want a haunted venue *pouts*
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Haha, I know it's not for everybody...and there's George here who loved the building and wanted his body to be left there after he donated it to science, so he rests in a room just off the cake-cutting room (we will be blocking off that room, because my nephew is a little butthead who doesn't need to be jacking with the historical stuff in that room)....but this place is right up my alley.  :) 

• Okay I spoke too soon...I just looked up my venue....and it might be haunted!  Who's excited?  ME!

- reports of shadows, smells, knocking/footstep noises
    - machinery noises
    - an apparition!

My wedding is two days after Halloween.  I'm debating about telling people it's haunted.  WOOT!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Our venue was reportedly haunted, too! (Saw nothing, felt nothing, don't care. It makes it more fun.)
    Cracks me up! The old postcard on the haunted site is the same one my daughter used for her response cards.
  • Ah the Pike Place Market?  Such a neat place!  We went there for a bit last year before our cruise left for Alaska.

• Ah the Pike Place Market?  Such a neat place!  We went there for a bit last year before our cruise left for Alaska.
    Yes, they have rooms upstairs of the brick building to the south end, next to the clock. Daughter was what is locally known as a "market rat-" kid with parents who own a business/work at the Market. So, sentimental venue.  
    If you look out the window behind her and cosmic hippie dad, you see the same building as shown in the postcard. Kind of cool. That's the room the site mentions as a haunted room, the Goodwin room. 

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards