Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

MOG did not chip in for photos, but they want the disk ...

Re: MOG did not chip in for photos, but they want the disk ...

• Options
    Well, she just called a bunch of girls a "rude and  judgemental bunch" or something like that in her tux post from over the summer like 10 minutes ago, so maybe she will come back.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    @themosthappy91 She's too busy going back and commenting on her old thread about suits looking cheap and uncoordinated or some other horseshit.
  • Options
    Well now that I know about that, I can not wait for her return. @Pennsyl did you decide to handle this situation like an adult?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Well her profile says she was active this afternoon...

• Options
    PennsylPennsyl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2014
    Why hello there!

Nothing like a good, estrogenic feeding frenzy to make you feel nice and superior about yourselves, is there?

You all need to catch your breath and wipe the froth off your mouths (because it is reeeaaaallly unattractive). And then take a hard, long look in the mirror.

To the handful of people who gave me the benefit of the doubt, thank you. You are correct in assuming that there were and are additional, extenuating circumstances - circumstances  that I have no intention of sharing now. I mean - what's the point? This is no place for intelligent, insightful discussion. Not at all. (What *was* I thinking?)

• Options
    Pennsyl said:
    Why hello there!

Nothing like a good, estrogenic feeding frenzy to make you feel nice and superior about yourselves, is there?

You all need to catch your breath and wipe the froth off your mouths (because it is reeeaaaallly unattractive). And then take a hard, long look in the mirror.

To the handful of people who gave me the benefit of the doubt, thank you. You are correct in assuming that there were and are additional, extenuating circumstances - circumstances  that I have no intention of sharing now. I mean - what's the point? This is no place for intelligent, insightful discussion. Not at all. (What *was* I thinking?)

Or initially, apparently. The old Backpedal rears its head again. 

Guys, guys, we are neither intelligent nor insightful! Not sure when "mind-reading" became a synonym for insightful, or "blowing smoke up people's asses" became a synonym for intelligence. I must've missed that memo.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    Pennsyl said:
    Why hello there!

*********************************************************************************

• Options
    This is hilarious. 

OP, give the pictures to your daughter's in-laws. There's no reason for you to deny them pictures of their son's wedding. Try putting the shoe on the other foot. 
  • Options
    l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    How does your daughter feel about the situation?  Is she horrified as she should be?  I would be.  Or does your daughter also think the Groom's family can't pull their weight and aren't worthy?  In the case of the later, I see marital issue approching and fast.
  • Options
    abbyj700 said:
    Goes to show you class has nothing to do with money and maturity has nothing to do with age.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Have to agree with other, the only people that were obligated to pay for any part of the wedding were the bride & groom. I think to avoid future issues and ackwardness at family events (and also to avoid putting your daughter & SIL in the middle), it would be best to just make a copy of the disk & give it to her & forget about what they did or didn't pay for with the wedding and go forward and remember that it was a wonderful thing that you were able to contribute what you did to help her have a wonderful wedding day & I'm sure she is very appreciative of it.
  • Options
    The groom's family aren't "cheapskates" for not paying for anything or giving the couple gifts. They also weren't obligated to pay for or host the rehearsal dinner. The only ones with any obligation to pay for anything are the couple. That you contributed is great, but it doesn't give you any right to make demands of his family or to withhold the photos from them, and doing that makes you look petty and selfish. I'd give his mother copies of the photos and stop bean counting and judging.
  • Options
    Pennsyl said:
    Why hello there!

So what are these circumstances? They must be really out there to behave like this. I think the classy thing to do would be to give up the pictures but then again as others have pointed out money can't buy you class.
  • Options
    Pennsyl said:
    Why hello there!

• Options
    I'm so curious what these extenuating circumstances are. It's a cd. Have they threatened to not give it back (so make a copy)? Have they threatened to have all of the brides family photoshopped out (so what)? Do they want to post them online to complain how tacky the wedding was (then that's a bigger issue than a freaking cd)? I really do not understand this and I'm convinced op is just being petty and vindictive (for who knows what) because she won't even say what these circumstances are.
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    Well, she just called a bunch of girls a "rude and  judgemental bunch" or something like that in her tux post from over the summer like 10 minutes ago, so maybe she will come back.
    I'm mad because I originally answered her question in a NICE way!! Ugh. Waste of niceness.
  • Options
    How were we supposed to know about these "circumstances" if it wasn't in the OP? We obviously can only offer opinions on what we know...so I don't see how that makes us mean/judgmental/frothing at the mouth, or whatever the hell that description was?

____________________________________________________________________________________

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards