Chit Chat

what's for dinner?

I'm having pumpkin chili with corn bread and a delicious Shock Top honey bourbon cask wheat beer. What's cookin' at your place?

Note: the Swype feature on my new phone originally wrote "what's foot finger" and I almost kept it.

http://www.unconventionalkitchen.com/pumpkin-chili/

Re: what's for dinner?

• Yum...
    Lobster ravioli, garlic bread, and Caesar salad.
    I also may have just bought a food processor and am VERY Excited to spend the weekend using it
  • I'm having pumpkin chili with corn bread and a delicious Shock Top honey bourbon cask wheat beer. What's cookin' at your place? Note: the Swype feature on my new phone originally wrote "what's foot finger" and I almost kept it. http://www.unconventionalkitchen.com/pumpkin-chili/
    Um, that sounds amazing. Thanks for the recipe link -- I'm going to make that too! But may not have time for the corn bread.
  • Meat and potatoes.   Yep I'm going to grill up a filet with a side of masked potatoes.  DH is scared I'm not going to cook it right.  Normally he cooks it for me, but he is at work and I was craving filet.     

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • No idea. I cooked your ham and cheese sliders (with Hawaiian bread) last night but I'm thinking pizza tonight.

Unfortunately I'm beginning to get resentful and frustrated about the whole food process in my parents' house, and I feel like I can't say anything about it since we're fucking living in my parents' house and they fed me until I was in college (and occasionally after, let's face it) so it feels ungrateful to bitch about it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • It's a class night for me so I'll probably just pick up Fatburger on the way home.
  • Shake & bake pork chops, and roasted butternut squash with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg. I texted husband what to do since it takes 2 hours and he gets home 2 hours before me. I didn't give him any measurements, just basic steps, and he did awesome!! 

• I'm making chicken chili tonight. We had a rain nor'easter today, so the weather is good for it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I'm at the doctor's now and who knows when I'll get home. So, I'm thinking I'll have some pasta with the leftover sauce I had with last night's pasta. Boring :(

• What is that new quote under your siggy? SS response? 

• @hellosweetie1015‌ how did you like the sliders?
    THEY WERE FANTABULOUS. I didn't buy enough cheese, unfortunately, and I need a better sauce distribution system than the whole "dump that shit everywhere" nonsense, but they certainly did not suffer for either thing. 
  • jenna8984 said:

What is that new quote under your siggy? SS response? 

Lol @jenna8984‌ yes, go to the attire board and look for "is this weddding dress approvirate" (SIC)

THEY WERE FANTABULOUS. I didn't buy enough cheese, unfortunately, and I need a better sauce distribution system than the whole "dump that shit everywhere" nonsense, but they certainly did not suffer for either thing. 

Yay! I think I mixed some of the butter with the ham and cheese, now that I think about it.

• Leftover Chicken Curry with basmati and naan.  Mmmmm.

Yay! I think I mixed some of the butter with the ham and cheese, now that I think about it.
    I will have to try that when I make them again. They are definitely being added to my roster though. So good.
  • What is that new quote under your siggy? SS response? 
    Lol @jenna8984‌ yes, go to the attire board and look for "is this weddding dress approvirate" (SIC)

---SIB---
    bahahhahah almost missed that thread! Classic. 

• Still eating pizza from those 3 pies we got Sunday.
    Anniversary

• Spaghetti and meatballs! We had my dad over for dinner so H made homemade meatballs and I made garlic knots. Classic and yummy.
  • edited October 2014

Tonight, a little pork tenderloin braised in butter and garlic with tarragon, mixed caramelized onions, gold potatoes, carrots, and zucchini, with a green salad, and tart applesauce. Because Moosey loves homemade applesauce, and he's been eating poorly this week while I've been down, and I'm finally feeling good again. And just one glass of Shiraz for me.

Yay, autumnal food! And Vicodin! 
    (There is a little mystical eye of Horus type picture on the side of my prescription bottle. It says Alcohol may intensify the effect. I asked if that was a warning, or damned good advice.)
    Umm I want all of this. ^.^

Kidding. Sort of.

• I'm leaning towards macaroni and cheese, based on what I have on hand.  I really need to go to the grocery store.

• larrygaga said:
    Dominoes. 

I am so getting in shape to get married. 

I was going to do the same but decided it's too yuck to go out.

So I'm having slightly stale triscuits and cheese.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• @ohannabelle - That sounds amazing!

I had Garbanzo's for dinner. I love Mediterranean food but suck at making it and their hummus is my favorite.

• DH is whipping up some orange beef & brocholi and I hope he whips fast cuz this girl is hungry! My contribution to the meal will be scooping the huckleberry pie ice-cream into a bowl for us.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lager-marinated london broil, braised Chinese broccoli, roasted courgettes, and a little bit of pasta with butter and herbs. It's nice to have DH home at dinnertime for once!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• We had a grilled chicken salad. It hit the spot. Now FI is giving me hot tea and putting me to bed because I think I'm gething sick.

• We're still working our way through leftovers that H's grandma sent home with us this past weekend....I'll probably heat up some chicken paprikash and open up a bottle of wine we just got from our shipment this month.
    Anniversary

• Everyones eating such delicious hearty dinners.

I had a Greek salad. I had been craving one all week.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm still waiting on dinner it's in the oven. After the fall food post awhile ago I got inspired I have an apple and sausage stuffed acorn squash cooking as we speak!

Tomorrow I'm going to try the butternut squash pasta shells that I think Lolo suggested.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards