Chit Chat

Halloween Costumes

JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited October 2014 in Chit Chat
I can't believe it took me so long to figure out.

I'm going to be RBG.  Duh.  How was this even a question?  I even already have a gavel.

Fi's response was, "OMG I can be Scalia and we can yell at each other all night!!!"

I love that man.

ETA: of course I want to know if you guys have any costume plans, too.  We haven't had a thread about this yet, right?  Forgive me if I'm duplicating things.  I haven't been able to lurk as much as I would like over the past few days.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Halloween Costumes

• Arrrrgh! That is me about Halloween at the moment! At first we were going as the dr and a dalek...then FI decided that was basically how he dresses. Then Alice and the mad hatter, but I decided my costume would be boring. Then jack and Sally but FI says he's got too much of a nose to hide with makeup and doesn't like masks.

I suggested chicly and the bride of chuckie which is the first one I was really excited about. FI doesn't like that one, but has no reason. He just suggested tinker bell and Captain Hook. I may be buying fairy wings and glitter tomorrow because at this point I quit.
  • I'm going to be Ms. Frizzle from The Magic School Bus, and my dog will be Liz the chameleon. H and his buddy are going to be Hans and Franz from SNL.

• I'm going to be Ms. Frizzle from The Magic School Bus, and my dog will be Liz the chameleon. H and his buddy are going to be Hans and Franz from SNL.
    I remember you mentioning the Ms. Frizzle costume!  That's super awesome.  I think my first grade teacher went as Ms. Frizzle one year and it was thrilling for Little JC.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• It's a no brainer for me. 

And I'm not referring to Rebel...

• Not totally sure what DH and I are doing yet, we tend to be very last minute costume people. Maybe a football player and referee, but we also have several friends that want everyone to go out dressed as Waldo. So we'll see. 

Last year we went as the Blues Brothers which worked really well for us since DH is built exactly like Elwood and I'm much shorter like Jake. Plus all we had to buy were the hats and sunglasses.
  • I'm going as a witch. I found a generic costume at a Halloween store. I've always wanted to go as a witch. My parents never let me as a kid. My mom can't remember why. Even my brother got to go as a witch one year, but I never did. So this is like a childhood dream come true.

DH isn't sure if he wants to dress up. If he does, he'll use his go-to Where's Waldo costume. I swear, he's Waldo's doppleganger. It's amazing.
    Anniversary
  • I have NO idea. I'm going out of town next weekend so I was hoping I'd miss my friend's annual Halloween party. Nope. He's having it the following weekend. 

I might be Gemma from SOA. Seems easy and a reasonable progression since I was Peggy Bundy last year. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I desperately wish I had plans that required a costume. FI and I will probably spend halloween addressing save the dates while watching a horror movie.

So...my costume will be sweatpants.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Nope, we've never celebrated Halloween, and we didn't growing up either.  I was invited to a costume Halloween party, but H can't go, and I'm not sure I want to go without him.  We were invited by some new people we just recently met at a dinner party, so I like the idea of H being around as my security blanket.  :p  We'll see what happens.  I'd need a costume for that, and I don't have any ideas. 
  • I want pics of you guys as judges! My grandma gave me a Wonder Woman costume at the shower...doneso! Not sure if we have any parties to go to yet..:but if not, it's really tight so DH will enjoy it anyhow ;)
  • No clue. I'm considering being a cheerleader. Remember the episode of Friends where Rachel dresses up in her old HS cheerleader uniform to impress Joshua and ends up busting her ass during a routine? And towards the end when she's talking to Ross she's like "you're sitting here in the hallway with a 28 year old cheerleader with a fat lip." So I was thinking of putting a gum all or some sort of hard candy under my lower lip and being a 30 year old cheerleader with a fat lip. Other than that, I got nothing.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I bought a toddler's unicorn onesie and sewed it into an adults' zip-up top and legwarmers with hooves, and it's pretty funny...but I bought my fiancé all the stuff to be David Bowie in Labyrinth and now he can't go out, so I might just be Bowie instead. I'll stuff three socks down my pants and carry a doll in striped pyjamas.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Everyone's costumes sound great! Our rehearsal dinner is on Halloween. We contemplated doing a costume party/dinner, but I thought it might be hard on the out of town folks. If anyone asks, I'll just say I'm going as the bride to be.
  • Well, we were going to watch scary movies and pass out candy, but yesterday we scheduled FI for hernia surgery on Halloween.  So, he will get sliced open on Halloween and be dressed as a patient....does that count? ;)

• I make costumes frequently, so I'll be re-wearing the Poison Ivy (animated series) I made for the convention we went to earlier this year. I'm throwing together Two Face for H. Rather than the split suit and tie, though, he'll be in a pinstripe jacket with everything else either white or black. His make-up is going to take forever.

• Im picking up the supplies to start on my costume this weekend.
    I bring you - Cotton Candy:
    Anniversary

• I am going to be Rosie the Rivter for work, and I haven't decided if we are dressing up and going to a party. I think if I do, I'll recycle an old barbie costume. If I worked someone hygienic (ex. not a nursing home), I would continue wearing my Rosie costume, but I take my clothes off the second I get home. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• H & I are dressing as Piper and Big Boo from Orange is the new black...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm not really into halloween that much, but if I do end up doing something this year, i kinda wanna be Uma Thurman's character from Kill Bill I. (Because in the first movie she doesn't get a name and is credited as "The Bride," haha I'm so clever not really)
  • I have no clue! I like everyone's ideas.

• I have no idea! I don't even know what we're doing for Halloween. 
  • We have a charity event to go to tonight, so we get to bust out the costumes early.  I got a witch costume from the Halloween store, and FI got a vampire one.  I haven't dressed up in forever, so I'm not very creative on my own.

• Yay! I got FI to agree to my chuckie and bride of chuckie costume!!! Now I just need to get to a thrift store and a fabric store this weekend!
  • Uggghhh I'm so bummed! We're invited to a Halloween party tonight and don't have costumes to wear. I definitely can't afford for us to buy any. Annnd all my old costumes are kinda skanky and this party is with people I work with. No sexy Alice in Wonderland for me tonight.
    Anniversary

• lulu411 said:
    Uggghhh I'm so bummed! We're invited to a Halloween party tonight and don't have costumes to wear. I definitely can't afford for us to buy any. Annnd all my old costumes are kinda skanky and this party is with people I work with. No sexy Alice in Wonderland for me tonight.
    Here you go @lulu411 !

• lulu411 said:
    Uggghhh I'm so bummed! We're invited to a Halloween party tonight and don't have costumes to wear. I definitely can't afford for us to buy any. Annnd all my old costumes are kinda skanky and this party is with people I work with. No sexy Alice in Wonderland for me tonight.
    @lulu411

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alannaokun/22-last-minute-diy-halloween-costumes

• esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    I'm going as a plague doctor and I'm SO EXCITED. My costume is so creepy when I have everything on that FI actually has to leave the room. Like so: 

Fi is basically going as an inside joke of ours: a solitaire coach. He's got some super short shorts and a polo, a whistle, sweat headband and mid-calf height tube socks, haha. He's going to shave his beard and leave just an awesome mustache. 
  • l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

My favorite was two years about DH and I went as the sundrop boy and girl from the comercials.  He hates dressing up but I could convice him of shorts, a t-shirt, and sweatband.  It was epic! 

Someone else mentioned this but I just cut my hair and was totally going to go as Piper from OITNB.  Plus how easy?  Now just to find some scrubs....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards