Plus-Sized

Looking for a Plus Sized Friend

Is there a plus sized bride out there like me that wishes they had someone to talk to and doesn't want to talk to their fiancé, etc too much about the wedding. Someone who can relate? I am also wanting a buddy who also would like to shape up before the wedding to look her best! Our wedding is in May 2015. I guess I am looking for an additional support system.

Re: Looking for a Plus Sized Friend

• Um YES please!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We can all be your support! Thats what this message board is here for!!
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• I'm a plus sized bride who wants to lose weight before the wedding. I want to tighten up my back, shoulder and lose the double chin. I have no idea where to begin. My fiancé loves me as I am but I have targeted areas I'd like to work on as mentioned. I'd love to feel comfortable enough to lose the lace bolero and wear my dress strapless!
  • How much time can you slot for exercise and how many times a week?

When I got down to my crunch time, I started T25; I want to go back.  With watching diet and adding the T25; I lost a little about 10lbs in the month before my wedding.  MyFitnessPal is a great app for tracking food, I stink at tracking.

Anniversary
  • Hey there! I have also been struggling with weight lately. Earlier this year I did the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DvD... I actually committed and did it once a day, 5 times a week, for a month. At the time I also used myfitnesspal.com and tracked everything I ate. It worked beautifully. I lost about 25 pounds over a few months time. You really have to be serious about it though. I've slacked off since then and thankfully I haven't gained any weight back, but I haven't lost any either. I would suggest if you have 30 minutes a day to try the Jillian Michael's dvd's. I've also tried her "ripped in 30" and "killer buns and thighs" but would suggest starting with the "shred".. Hope this helps. We are all here as support!

• Me! I'm getting married next October and just need some help and motivation. 
    Amy & Dave
  • Me!! I'm getting married in April 2016 and I really want to lose at least 20 lbs before I even go shopping for dresses.
  • I just got engaged and am plus size. I have not set the date yet and the money part of the planning is making my anxiety sky high but I need to find a dress soon and well, I could use a friend. I am Jen, aged 41 and I live in Quincy, MA. It is my first wedding.
  • @redheadedjen - do you have any sort of timeline for your wedding (like are you thinking about getting married in 2015, 2016, 2017)?  I wouldn't worry about a dress until you have a venue and date as these can change the type of dress you get.

If you're getting married outdoors in the summer - you'll want to know that because you'll want a lighter weight dress.
    If you're getting married in the winter - you may want something heavier.

I was planning on doing a simple 'rustic' wedding where I would get a simple A-line dress... we ended up doing a Disney Destination Wedding and I decided I wanted a 'Princess Ballgown' to match the location.

Anniversary
  • Actually I decided today to do Friday, September 18, 2015 at the Loon Pond Lodge at Ted Williams Camp in Lakeville, MA. It called out to me and said "Jen, this is where you want to get married." Once I bring the deposit next week, I can breath and start on the dress and caterers.
  • @redheadedjen - that means you're going to want to get a dress soon!  I ordered mine 1st weekend in March 2014 for my October 2014 wedding; the 'latest date' it could come in was mid-September and I had to have them assure me it wouldn't be later and they could have it altered in a week.  Mine was an Allure gown.

Anniversary
  • Well, I am going to Alfredo Angelo on Wednesday so let the dress shopping begin! :)
  • @Dignity100 Here is the Alfred Angelo dress I tried on and loved. I found their sizes close to street sizes. I am a 20/22 and will probably get a 22. I am going to look around a little more but I see myself getting married in this dress. 

• It's pretty!!  I like it a lot!

If you're not sold on it:
    I know AA dresses don't ALWAYS take a really long time to come in.  One of their dresses I wanted to try on (but never did, couldn't find it) was <<THIS>> one; the skirt has some sparkle in it.
    And <<THIS>> one was a top contender for me - but I liked the softer skirts like the one you tried on.  It was super light and the angles of the dress helped slim your figure.

Anniversary
  • Since it was the first time I went to try on dresses, I want to look around a little bit. I do love love the dress though. I am all about the embellished bodices and clean skirts. 

I like the princess AA dress. I am going to look at a few more places. The only thing the AA dress I liked was that it only needed to be lengthened. I was happy with the dress otherwise (and get it in the right size).
  • @Redheadedjen - try to find a place that has Allure dresses, a lot of them have the clean/plain skirts with an embellished top (that's exactly what I did for my dress, as you can probably see in my signature).

Anniversary
  • I'm a plus size bride-to-be. Getting married October 2015.
    I've been having these nightmares about arriving to the whole thing, dressed and prettied up, and then everyone talks about how disgusting I am and throws me out of my own wedding.
    It stems from really horrible, deep seated self-esteem issues, but the nightmare is recurring.
    I am trying to do some toning up. I run once or twice a week (weather depending), and have a Jillian Michaels kickboxing DVD and a yoga dvd.
    I guess I'm just worried about the whole thing. My fiance loves me as is, but I don't want my skinny, beautiful friends to think I look trashy.
    Does that make sense? Am I just being ridiculous?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards