Chit Chat
Options

Engagement Party Gift?

I have been invited to an engagement party and I would like to get the couple a gift. 

What are some good gifts to give? I am fairly close to the future groom. 

Thanks! 

Re: Engagement Party Gift?

• Options
    Wine.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    Wine.
    Seconded, unless they're teetotalers.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'd do either alcohol or a gift card to a restaurant they like with a note to not forget about date nights once the planning sets in.

• Options
    Wine or booze is always a good option if you think they're the type to enjoy that.

Some friends got us a four-pack of wine glasses with Fi's last initial engraved on them.  That was really thoughtful.

One of Fi's cousins got us a bottle of wine and also put a bridal magazine in the bag.  I thought that was really cute and a nice way to do a little something extra without breaking the bank.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Agree, can never go wrong with wine! It's a universal gift, IMO :)

____________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    Unfortunately, wine is not their thing. 

Ugh, I hate giving gift cards.. 
  • Options
    perdonami said:

Oh no! Any other alcohol they're into- beer, scotch? What about coffee or chocolate? There are a lot of coffee/chocolate themed gift baskets out there.

____________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    perdonami said:

Do they like tsochkes(sp)?  You could get them something to add to a figurine collection.

Or any kind of household gift would probably be nice.  How about a really nice throw blanket for their couch?  Placemats and napkins for entertaining?  A pretty serving platter or cheese board?

Do they celebrate Christmas?  Get them a beautiful tree ornament, maybe personalized with their names.

Do they like to cook?  Send them to a cooking class or order them a Blue Apron box.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Never heard of a blue apron box before, seems interesting. 

I like the idea of getting a gift for the home, so I am thinking coffee and nice candle. 

Thanks for all the suggestions!

• Options
    I don't get the bad rep for gift cards. I mean sure if you gave them an iTunes card or something it would be really stupid, but gift cards CAN be thoughtful.

I think the only engagement gift we got was a couple-y picture frame (says "forever and ever" on it or something), and I got a personalized "future Mrs. ____" ornament. We got a handful of cards.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards