Wedding 911

Transportation help!!!

My fiance and I are getting married in May, and we're trying to book our transportation, but have NO idea what we're doing! 

Our wedding party is 12 people total (5 maids, 5 groomsmen, 1 flower girl, 1 ring bearer), plus our two sets of parents and one grandparent each. Obviously going to the wedding, my parents and grandparent, along with maids will be in one limo to the venue, and the guys will do the same in another limo. 

The problem comes when we get to this point, how do we get from the venue to our reception. 

I know traditionally, we are supposed to have our own limo going from the venue to our reception, but can we go in a limo with our wedding party and give the other limo to our parents and out of town guests?

Or, is that a major faux pas? Does it matter if we're the ones whose wedding it is?

I personally don't think it matters, since I could care less about having my own limo for the 20 minute drive to the venue.. 

Thoughts? Help? Please?

Re: Transportation help!!!

• you can do it however you want.    I've been in limos/buses/trollies/whatever with and without the couple.   My sister gave the vintage car to my parents in order to ride in the trolly with the WP.  They had a blast riding with us. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Exactly - pretty much anything goes here. You can definitely ride in the limo with your wedding party to the reception. No etiquette faux pas there at all.
  • My suggestion depends entirely on the packages offered and pricing and all that, but what about two separate limos TO the ceremony, and one big party bus for ceremony-to-reception?

• Ugh .. the dreaded transpo logistics.  I don't know the details of your wedding, but our guys all got their own rides to the wedding and figured out rides to the reception.  The best way I've ever seen it done (better probably than my on wedding I dare say!) was this:

Everyone got ready at the same hotel, and out of state guests were there too.  They rented 1 big bus.  Bus took trip 1 for guys and out of town guests.  Trip 2 was for the bridal party (including bride).  Then, we all got back on the bus (it was big) to go back to the hotel.  From there the hotel had a van that carted people to the reception hall.  It worked GREAT.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards