Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Upcharge for July 4th Wedding

Hi,

I am considering a July 4th wedding as the venue price will be much lower. However, I'm not sure if I will be paying the difference for hiring the DJ and photographer on a holiday and being charged extra for it. Anyone have any experience with this?

Re: Upcharge for July 4th Wedding

• I got married on July 3, but it was a weds, and got a discount on the dj and photog. Since July 4th is a Friday next year I would expect normal Friday/Saturday pricing. I would not ask if there is an surcharge. Most will tell you up front of it falls into holiday pricing. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I got married on July 4, 2014 and we didn't experience any up-charges with rates as a result of the holiday.  We actually saved because it was a Friday evening. I don't know if that will change next year, but it can't hurt to ask and see if the price will be different for a different date.  We wanted the 4th regardless, but see what they say about that date compared to others.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Will your guests come on the 4th of July?  This can be tricky--people often have family reunions, work picnics to attend.  And travel can be difficult since if it isn't on the weekend, people will need vacation days before and after potentially.  It's a Saturday in 2015, which helps.  If not on the weekend, guests may not want to use two or more vacation days.  Make sure you know your crowd on this one.
  • I am not sure but one thing to consider is if your guests need to travel - I had mine a holiday weekend and hotel rooms were expensive that weekend (but i'm sure that will depend on the area, I was in an area that in addition to the holiday there was a major college graduation happening that week so hotel were booked surrounding our venue - i was able to reserve a block at the place we held our wedding but it was a pricey place)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards