Wedding Invitations & Paper

DIY Invitations vs. Buying?

DIY Invitations vs. Buying? 31 votes

DIY
38% 12 votes
BUY
61% 19 votes

Re: DIY Invitations vs. Buying?

• You can buy invitations very cheaply from places like Vistaprint, or do your own printing on kits.  Unless you are very artistic, I don't think it is worth the savings and trouble.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I DIY'd my own invites.  I did this because I knew I had the time and I love being crafty.  But when I look back on all I did for the invites, that are almost all now in the landfill, I wish I had just bought them and used that time I took to make them for something else.

• I am not crafty. And sometimes, I'd much rather pay someone to do the work for me. 
  • VistaPrint was an affordable way for us to "DIY" without really doing it ourselves. You just choose your design, plug in your information and they send them to you in the mail. Keep an eye out for Groupons for them too! (Remember the invite just eventually goes in the garbage...)
  • I did semi-DIY. Purchased a template from Etsy and customized to my liking. Took to a local printer and assembled with pockets and envelopes I ordered online. I got everything I wanted for a price I was willing to pay. I hadn't really seen anything else that was the full package I wanted.
  • I made my own, but I enjoy doing that. I even hand make all my Christmas cards so it was something I enjoyed spending the time on. If making cards and invites isn't your thing I would just buy them.
  • I made my own. It took a lot longer than I expected but was happy with the results.   It definitely wasn't a cost savings thing for me though, I preferred the look of diy invites.  I purchased an Etsy template and printed it all myself, then put them into pocketfolds I bought online (and made my own bellyband) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards