Wedding Invitations & Paper

Save the Dates.....what info do I include on our wedding website?

sdo1010sdo1010 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited October 2014 in Wedding Invitations & Paper
I obviously want to share info for our out of town guest on our wedding website, but not all the details regarding our ceremony, reception place, wedding party....etc. Do I just include Hotel accommodations, travel info, about us section and photo album? What did you include prior to sending out you're Formal invitation?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save the Dates.....what info do I include on our wedding website?

• We included everything because we had all of our details set and I was building the website as we booked things. IMHO, share whatever you're comfortable sharing at this point but the bare minimum would be hotel and travel info and a welcome note that you'll be updating with additional details. 
  • ctr24 said:
    We included everything because we had all of our details set and I was building the website as we booked things. IMHO, share whatever you're comfortable sharing at this point but the bare minimum would be hotel and travel info and a welcome note that you'll be updating with additional details. 
    Thank you! I will include just that. I will have online RSVP so I didn't want to reveal to my guest all my pages so soon. Plus I want an element of surprise. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sdo1010 said:
    ctr24 said:
    We included everything because we had all of our details set and I was building the website as we booked things. IMHO, share whatever you're comfortable sharing at this point but the bare minimum would be hotel and travel info and a welcome note that you'll be updating with additional details. 
    Thank you! I will include just that. I will have online RSVP so I didn't want to reveal to my guest all my pages so soon. Plus I want an element of surprise. :) 
    Any way we can talk you out of doing this? Online RSVP tend to be VERY fussy and not work well. Head over to the Tech Help board and you'll see lots and lots of posts about them not working, losing their guest lists, guests not able to choose meals correctly, etc. They can also hint at a much more casual event, as mailed RSVPs are more formal, so if you're planning a more formal wedding this will look incongruous. 

• sdo1010 said:
    ctr24 said:
    Any way we can talk you out of doing this? Online RSVP tend to be VERY fussy and not work well. Head over to the Tech Help board and you'll see lots and lots of posts about them not working, losing their guest lists, guests not able to choose meals correctly, etc. They can also hint at a much more casual event, as mailed RSVPs are more formal, so if you're planning a more formal wedding this will look incongruous. 
    I Value your opinion....BUT! I still plan on doing it. Our theme is online...that is the way we met and as much as people want to stick to Tradition/Etiquette/Formal...and I am a traditional type of girl. We are moving into a new era of technology and I want to embrace this new way and not go the traditional route.  My site is also not with the Knot. I have read all of the pros and cons on Online RSVP and will still use this method. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are you going to provide a non-online option for those older folks who won't know wtf to do? :) 
  • mlg78 said:

Are you going to provide a non-online option for those older folks who won't know wtf to do? :) 

Yes, of course. We will provide a number for the old folks. We have a list of those people who don't use the computer including my dad...lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Because we only had 6 months from engagement to wedding, I used email and wedding website as our save the date. I put on what I knew and kept updating it as plans matured.

When i sent out the invitations I included a card on how to RSVP which had the wedding website, email address and phone number. so our guests could chose their preferred method to notify us. We did not have meal choices so RSVP was just to know numbers for cake sizing, favors, chairs.

• We're using AppyCouple (I think we paid $35) for our wedding website, which is really awesome because you can build the various pages, but not publish them to show up until you want them to. I'm showing mostly everything now, except the RSVP options. (Yes, we are also doing traditional RSVP cards for those that are not tech savvy) It also comes with a smartphone app! It took a little while to understand how it all worked, but once I got the hang of it, it's been a breeze. It's great because you can list multiple events, but each guest has their own "settings" you set so that if 1 person is invited to the bridal shower, but not the bachelorette, they only see the bridal shower and wedding day.

On the STD itself, at the bottom we wrote "join the countdown!" with our website address below. we included a separate card with the password to the website, so that way our framed STD doesn't look like a coupon. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards