Wedding Reception Forum

Are you having a guest book?

2»

Re: Are you having a guest book?

• I'm getting a coffee table book to have people sign... I wasn't finding anything I liked then I saw a book on Amazon with pretty photos. One more thing checked off the list.

• We were not going to do a traditional one we wanted signed wine bottles but then I thought it would look weird on the tables so I bought a Kate Spade traditional guest book and it has lined pages and also 40 attached envelopes and cards for cute notes. We plan on placing it in front of our seating chart. The guest book is on the KateSpade site.
  • We used a matted photo from PersonalCreations, and guests signed the matt. Though, only about half of the guests signed it. It's got a wedding photo, and hanging in our living room.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • BigwandsBigwands member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2015
    We had a version of one. I knew I'd want a keepsake, but wouldn't count on it to "know who was there" (really, not everyone signs them anyway so it wouldn't be accurate), and knew I wouldn't look at it for a while. So I made little envelopes with my Cricut and glued them to pages in a plain, black 12x12 scrapbook. Guests could write us a note and seal it into the envelopes with washi tape, and we'd open them on a future anniversary - 1, 5, 10, 25 or 50. The alternating pages had a 12x12 black and white picture where people could just sign directly on the white space if they didn't want to leave a note. All 50 envelopes ended up getting used! A handful signed the photo pages. I slid page protectors on from the side to keep everything safe until we open them all.

I absolutely love this idea!  We want something other than just a book of signatures because what are the chances we'll ever open that again.  I've been leaning towards some sort of displayable art, but this is actually interactive and really sweet.

(PS Do you mind if I pin this?)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards