Hawaii

North Shore Oahu Wedding

Hello! 
I'm getting married this december on the north shore of Oahu and still haven't chosen a beach to get married at?!
Also i was wondering if any of the ladies who got married in Hawaii know if in December the weather is pretty good? 
I don't want it to be rainy or cloudy :/ i also have no idea on any restaurants to head after our small ceremony to…any 
suggestions?! any suggestions/ideas would be so so helpful! i only have one more month! :D

Re: North Shore Oahu Wedding

• Hi, winter is the rainy season on the island, so I would definitely have a backup plan in the event of rain. Also, December is the busiest time of the year for the North Shore, because of the surfing competitions. When choosing your beach, I'd make sure to pick one that will not be used in any of the competitions. If the waves happen to be good on the day of your wedding, expect the traffic and parking to be outrageous regardless of which beach you choose.

For a restaurant, I'd check out Haleiwa Joe's. Most of the other places to eat up north are pretty tiny and casual.
  • Also remember that you need a permit (I think $20) to get married on public beaches in Hawaii, and no structures are allowed (chairs, arches, etc.).  Dec weather is still hot, but I believe the North Shore gets a lot more rain that the south (Waikiki area).  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards