Chit Chat

About body love, and all

I read what @larrygaga posted, and let me say you are beautiful and by no means fat, or chubby. Wear the bikini already.
I came across this on buzzfeed and thought it was a great thing to put some pictures of sexy females who don't meet the standard of skinny to the bone chicks. 
Of course to each their own, I just don't think these girls should be labeled PLUS SIZED when it states that they are size 6-14

Meaning, are we all PLUS sized women? Do I need to be size 1 or 2 to be "normal?" Here is the LINK <- click

At the same time there is the Victoria's Secret campaign "perfect body" have upset many women and even some made a petition to ask for an apology here is the link if you want to read it too, and maybe sign it. CLICK

Re: About body love, and all

• The video for the VS ad made me a little ragey. They were all basically saying that women need to get over themselves.

I just think we all need to accept people the way they are. Nobody's idea of a perfect body is universal. So much body shaming everywhere!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I definitely believe that there should be no body shaming on either end of the spectrum. Women are beautiful no matter what their size.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yes, we need to let those poor models know that we will still think they are lovely!!! Skinny shaming is just as bad as fat shaming. I try not to blame companies and advertisements for making me feel shitty about myself, because that means they have control over how I think. 

Vicky S models always look really dumb to me, as well. They all have derp faces. It's not their natural face, it's how they were photographed. You will now notice it when you look at them. I always loved their bras and swim suits because they have beautiful underwear for busty women. I thought that meant they were taking steps in the right direction.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    People look the way they look.  There is nothing "wrong" with anyone's body, IMO.  Also, women are just amazing.  I think MagicInk said something once about different types of women and them all just being awesome, anyways, she phrased it way better.
  • Oh, you're back?

---

Hi, YES! Have to ask? I thought you would notice by my name appearing and all......
  • That gif girl, I want to smack her. Close your mouth omg!

image   image   image

• Ooh come battle in my bday thread!

*imaginary popcorn gif*

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• @butterscotchjbeans‌ I do. I hope things are going well for you!

image   image   image

• I will say I've always been really skinny and I've always been super jealous of my friends that are a bigger size than me because I think curves are GORGEOUS and I feel like they look better in bikinis than I do. I hate my scrawny chicken legs. I agree that there should be no body shaming on either end of the spectrum. 

It's just so funny to me that my friends who are a bigger size worry about looking fat, while I'm jealous of how they look and I'm admiring them, and I'm worried of looking scrawny. It really goes both ways. 
    IT'S BUNNY!!!!!!! I LOVE BUNNY!!!!!!!! 

Also I hate fox news. And I'm skinny. And I don't think it's skinny shaming to say hey Victoria Secrets "have the perfect body" is a shitty tag line. If the girls are skinny, or fat, or short, or smurfs or whatever. One body is not more perfect then another. 
  • Regarding the picture, my mom talked about how much she hated her body, being fat, etc. and she always told me how pretty I was.  I was skinny but strong as a little girl and had issues with never being perfect (ie. I would destroy pictures I made because when I drew, people would "fake" that it was good meanwhile I knew that my shitty kid drawing is not actually good).  When I went through puberty, I filled out quickly and it was just horrible.  People were concerned that I was gaining weight too fast (that I went from excessively exercising and starving myself to binging).  Anyways, I guess I "inherited" her body issues and am sometimes quite critical of myself and my body.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards