Attire & Accessories Forum

BM dresses online

I have been looking all over the internet for dresses. My BMS are in NY Ca & Fl so I figured online would be easiest. I'm also trying to not have them spend a ton of money because they are all traveling to my wedding. I'm looking for beachy chiffon short flowy dresses and the ones I've seen even in David's are over 180-250 which I think is a bit much for short chiffon. So I have been emailing back and forth with uwdress and they have been very good with emails right away and answering all my questions. What are your thoughts on this site? I have seen a ton of mixed reviews and my MoH has asked about it concerningly. If this is such an awful site is there any other suggestion that anyone knows of? I saw reviews that said uw was awful then ones that said it was great. So I'm torn. Please help!

Re: BM dresses online

• Shopping online is very an adventure. I don't know the uw site,so I can not give you advices.If the cost of the dresses are not so much for you,then just have a try!
  • Have you tried target? My bridesmaids ordered online from there and got short, chiffon-y dresses for $69, with free shipping and returns to any target store. They said it's been super easy, and the dresses look like about anything you'd get from David's bridal. I liked the easy returns so that in case they needed to order two sizes to try on, they could easily return the other one to a real brick and mortar store. Just a thought :) I didn't want to make mine pay that much for a dress for one day either.
  • I've seen this dress in person (and at a summer wedding) and absolutely love it.  It's $139 online but if you wait a bit, they will have some online deals (I got $20 off when I ordered for the last wedding I was in)  And this style has been around for a while so I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon. Seems to be one of their more popular styles.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_short-crinkle-chiffon-dress-with-front-cascade-f14847_wedding-party-all-bridesmaid-dresses
  • Thank you! I'll check out target. I do love that one from David's but I have a couple bridesmaids who won't wear strPless which I'm fine with I told them to pick whatever style just same material length and color.
  • watch out with david's bridal, they have a weird return policy.  I was going to go with them, but decided against it... apparently there is only a 2 week return period, and no returns on sales?? Modcloth could work, but they sell out of dresses/sizes unpredictably and i'm afraid that if all your ladies don't buy it right away, they could be out of luck.  I'm still trying to figure this out myself!
  • Thank you ladies... Mod cloth is out they don't have the color or style I'm looking for
  • edited November 2014
    uwdress seems sketchy to me. I wouldn't buy from a place that brags about everything being over 50% off - it's either a knockoff or they're lying, generally. There are also 5-star reviews posted that are really questions about the product, and reviews that don't match up with the item itself - these sites will often pay people to write fake reviews, and I'm guessing gave someone who doesn't speak English a list to copy and paste from.

I would go with a more reputable clothier that just has reasonable prices to begin with. What color are you looking for?

Donna Morgan bridesmaid dresses are on sale at Nordstrom right now, if $141 is in their budgets. <clicky>

• Thank you I skipped the online crap all bs and am going with Alfred Angelo reasonable prices my colors r bright coral and bright turquoise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards