Oregon

Little Known Outdoor Venues?

Hi everyone. I'm looking to get married next August, hopefully, and my fiance and I are hoping for an outdoor wedding, or indoor/outdoor. We are on a very tight budget, and I'm looking for some venue options to fit the bill. Does anyone know any good farms/ranches/gardens/private homes in the Portland-Metro area that could accommodate around 150 for a ceremony and reception? I know McMenamins is frequently tossed around for budget weddings, but we both work there catering weddings, and would like to avoid getting married at work, if possible :)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Little Known Outdoor Venues?

• Poppy715Poppy715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check the local parks. They have very minimal rental fees. You do have to get permits and rent them most of the time but if you are on a budget I would say that is your best bet. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • edited December 2011

I just went to a fantastic and beautiful wedding in champoeg state park.  If I didn't already have my venue and was stuck on doing an indoor wedding, I would have seriously thought about canning my venue and going there.  It was super gorgeous.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • JessandArnieJessandArnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Champoeg is a cool park! One of my friends had her High School Reunion there under some big trees, and it was pretty cool.

I suggest looking into some wineries - there are a ton in the Yamhill/Washington County area and I bet some of the smaller ones are on the less expensive side.
  • edited December 2011
    Postlewait's is a neat indoor/outdoor place for a wedding. You can have your reception and ceremony both indoor or outdoor, or one indoor and one outdoor. They have a barn for the indoor portion. You also get the venue for the whole day, and not just 6 hours like most places.

Check it out! www.postewaits.com
    "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." - Germaine Greer Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards