DC

Help! Bridal Shops in DC/Northern VA

I'm looking for recommendations for good bridal shops in the DC/Northern VA area that have a good selection of dresses under 2,000. Some of the designers I'm interested in (but not limited to) are Maggie Sottero,Mori Lee, Sophia Tolli and David Tutera for Mon Cheri. Any advice on where to go, what places have big selections, etc is much appreciated! One of the places that seems to have a lot of the designers I like is Bridal by Natalie's in Alexandria. Any feedback too on that particular store would be great as well! :)..

Re: Help! Bridal Shops in DC/Northern VA

• I have appointments at Ellie's Bridal and Global Bridal Gallery next week in Alexandria--I heard good things about them. Alfred Angelo (if you like their stuff) also has a store in Springfield which is pretty close and they carry a very big selection there. Fabulous Frocks in Del Ray is kinda pricey, but carries designer consignment dresses. 

For Mori Lee I'm actually heading out to Maryland. A store there was the only one that could confirm they had a sample gown of the dress I really like. 
  • I really loved Bobbi's Bridal in Fairfax.  Super super nice folks, great price range with gorgeous dresses. 
  • marie2785marie2785 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    Ok I went shopping, and heres my thoughts: global bridal in alexandria had amazing customer service, and a great selection of dresses under $2k. I bought my dress here and it was under your budget. I was sooooo impressed by the sales person and owner. Tons of ideas, recommendAtions, and they really listened to me. Ellies bridal in alexandria had by far the WORST customer service of any store I went to. I had an appt, but the consultant made me pick my own dresses from the rack without offering to help, and came up with no ideas outside of the 5 dresses I picked. They also kicked me out of my fitting room after 45 min, and lost my socks in the process. I found a great dress there, but didnt buy it because I was so pissed about the bad service. Alfred angelo in springield had tons of dresses under $2k (almost everything they carried is below that price), and amazing customer service. Totally worth checking out if their stuff is your style. Fabulous frocks in del ray is great. Decent selection below $2k, but since its consingment designer and sample gowns, sizing can be an issue if your above and 8 or 10 in street clothes. I also went to the bridal boutique in columbia md. Huge selection, great service, and great prices. Little bit of a drive though...
  • I bought my dress at Love Couture Bridal in Potomac. I know they sell Maggie Sottero and they have a wide range of designers and prices. My dress was under $1500 and they are constantly having sample sales and trunk shows. I purchased my dress two weeks ago and last week I received a handwritten note from the woman who helped me. It was full of details specific to me. Just a little thing that makes me feel like they want my dress to be as perfect as I do.
  • Hi Erin! Where was the shop in MD that you found Mori Lee at? I'm looking to try on some Mori Lee dresses in Jan. or Feb. so I was curious which one you found at. Thank you!
  • marie2785marie2785 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    Atoz101015-The Bridal boutique in columbia maryland (http://www.thebridalboutique.com). Global Bridal in alexandria also had mori lee.
  • Okay I JUST got back from Ellie's in Old Town Alexandria and had an amazing experience! I just wanted to put it out there since I went in totally expecting the worst and while I didn't find the dress, it still was a great experience. Not something to rule out. That said, it did help knowing the styles I wanted and the consultant really knew the dresses she had in stock. She let me browse to pull what I wanted and made a few suggestions but ultimately I knew what looked good and she was so helpful with comments and additional dresses! Just putting it out there. Maybe it depends on who you get though. 
  • erinemm said:
    Atoz101015-The Bridal boutique in columbia maryland (http://www.thebridalboutique.com). Global Bridal in alexandria also had mori lee.
    I bought my dress at The Bridal Boutique in Columbia. They were reasonbly priced, had a good selection (my dress is Maggie Sotterro) and had great service. It was actually the sales girl that suggested I try on my dress after she told me I could change the neckline. I wouldn't have considered it otherwise. Also, though they did a great job with my alterations, I found they were more expensive than other shops.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • If you are still looking for an affordable venue try 1757 in Sterling, VA its about 10 mins away from Dulles Airport
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards