Attire & Accessories Forum

Is my back fat too horrible?

soozikyusoozikyu member
5 Love Its First Comment
edited November 2014 in Attire & Accessories Forum
So, I got this maggie sottero dress for a steal.  It's a sample dress, size 8, in pristine condition from an upscale bridal shop.  it fits comfortably, but needs to be taken in in the bust (my boobs will never, ever fill a dress well, lol).  So obviously I am going to get it altered.  Considering that it fits very well in the waist and hips, what do you think?  You can't exactly tell from the pictures, but I have pretty good shoulder and collarbone definition, and my shoulders are not sloped at all.  I am 5'3'' and 120 lbs, and hope to lose about 10 more by september (I have lost 27 total, 21 of which are since July).  Will alteration help?  I was happy with it when I bought it but now I'm getting worried about the whole "almost nobody looks good in a strapless dress'" thing. 

Re: Is my back fat too horrible?

• There is no back fat. You look beautiful.
  • What back fat do you speak of?

:)

• This is gorgeous on you.
  • Thanks guys... I'm not trying to search for compliments, but I didn't think of back fat at the time and when I googled "altering strapless dress for small boobs" all these things about how bad they look came up and I kinda freaked out!  I also had a nightmare that there were stains all over the dress and missing beads, and had to take it out of the bag to inspect it again - still perfect, lol.  I'm already that neurotic bride and I still have 10 months to go, good lord.  But thank you again for reassuring me that I didn't make a terrible mistake!
  • Your dress looks gorgeous on your figure. I don't think there's any back fat at all! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nope, your back looks beautiful.
  • I do not see back fat. 
  • Yeah, you don't have back fat.  The only way you could have "back fat" is if the corset is tied too tight because it will just squish you and then the "back fat" is just your skin being squished out of the corset.

When a dress is altered correctly, back fat will not occur.

And with 10 months to go I think you just need to sit back and breathe a bit.  You are worrying over something that you won't have to deal with (alterations) until you are about 1.5-2 months out.

Finally, I don't think you need to lose any more weight.  You look great as is and fabulous in your dress.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards