Chit Chat
Options

We did it!!!!!!!! (no pictures)

Due to some issues we both lived through, DH isn't comfortable sharing clear pictures of us. I'm more laid back, but I understand where he's coming from. It's not a dictator control issue, but I don't want to share pictures more than it worries DH.

But, onwards!

Everything went fantastic! Now that everything was here, my anxiety left. Yay! Probably helped by snuggling DH all night and getting loved up in the morning.

Hair/pedicure/massage went fantastic! Step mom, MIL and I may have drank a bottle of champagne between us. MOH and I danced around to Halestorm covering Bad Romance, then got step mom and MIL up dancing with us to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

Went to Panera for lunch with my short veil and tiara on. So many little girls thought I was a real princess, which really made everything more special.

Got my makeup on, and MIL surprised me with a fantastic MUA. She kept my makeup since I'm very pale and cool colored with light eye color, wear glasses and have black hair, thus colors can be a bitch to find. But she did my makeup way better than I could. Cue my goofball squad (MOH, both moms, three grandmothers) and I singing I Feel Pretty.

Step mom didn't like how my dress looked when it was pre laced, so she took the ribbons out and redid all of it on me. She was right - it looked ok pre laced, but was far better laced while on. Plus, her bow tying skills are beyond amazing. Exactly even, laid perfectly, draped well. She also put my long veil on. And dabbed my tears because as awesome as she is, and how much joy she's brought my dad - she's not my mom.

Moved First Look inside. Concierge for hotel suggested their curving stairs. There's a series apparently of me stopped on the landing and concierge had to cover DH's eyes to not let him peek. It was worth my nerves of walking down stairs in my dress. DH was more than happy. Then did First Look for parents. My dad cried the most.

Ceremony is still a bit fuzzy. I was thinking the entire time "I'm marrying my best friend. This is fucking awesome." We did a receiving line, worked best for our smaller wedding and reception.

Reception was worth everything. Everyone had a good time without alcohol or dancing. Cocktail hour ran a bit long, 1 hour, 15 minutes. No one seemed to mind, it was fully hosted. Come dinner, everyone got to table hopping. If anyone walked away hungry, it's all on them. Favors went over well - plastic TOT pumpkins with snacks/candy/etc. Originally we were just making them for the kids but DH said he wanted one and we figured why not.

Changed to a shorter lace dress, my train didn't like to bustle nicely. DH just liked taking the damn tie off.

We did after partying first at a friend's bar. Which wound up with DH being convinced to dance with me.

Then went to visit my trainer. We couldn't afford to invite more than family, but trainer begged us to stop by. He'd set up everyone from dojo, derby, baseball, work to come party. It's probably poor etiquette, but we couldn't think of any way to decline. Plus, these are our rowdy crew members, I know a good 70% don't like fussy weddings. Now we have a ton more thank yous, but I'm thrilled to write them.

Left for possibly the best reason. MOH went into labor at 10:30p. Our niece was born 11:53p. WOO TO THE HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First report just was Mom and Little Miss are doing great, baby is 7 pounds 15 ounces.

All in all, it's been the best day ever. Now just waiting to hug MOH and brother, take a look at the baby, then my husband and I are going to our hotel.

Re: We did it!!!!!!!! (no pictures)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards