New Jersey - South

In need of Cheap - but great - Photographers; South Jersey Area

This is a shout-out to all of my fellow South Jersey brides! My fiance and I are working with a limited budget and I could use some photography suggestions... We don't want to pay over $2,300 for wedding day photography so if that fits your wedding photographer, could you please, please, PLEASE respond with their company name? And better yet - if you've already had your wedding, loved your photographer, please feel free to share a little bit about them.

Thanks ladies!

Re: In need of Cheap - but great - Photographers; South Jersey Area

• You should post this on your local board. You will get better responses as this is an international page :) GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• We used Sid from The Memory Factory for our destination wedding. He was wonderful and very reasonable. They are based in Charlotte but travel anywhere. We love our pictures. Email him and see if he's available thememoryfactory@hotmail.com Good luck
  • We used Sid from The Memory Factory for our destination wedding. He was wonderful and very reasonable. They are based in Charlotte but travel anywhere. We love our pictures. Email him and see if he's available thememoryfactory@hotmail.com Good luck
    The OP is on a budget.  Highly doubt that hiring someone from another state and having to pay their transportation and lodging costs is going to be cost effective.  You keep recommending this photographer (you sure YOU aren't the photographer??) to brides without thinking about the cost of travel.  There are plenty of good photographers without having to pay for someone to come from out of state.

OP - Post this on your local board.....the girls there will be able to help you out.
  • edited July 2014
    JoanE2012, I find it offensive that you insinuate that my post may be a farce and that I may be the photographer. This site's purpose is for past brides to help future brides and that is exactly what I am doing. I relied on forums like this when I was planning my wedding and it helped me every step of the way. It is also obvious to me that you don't understand the concept of destination professionals. Their sole purpose is to travel anywhere in order to provide a service and based on my experience ( which you do not have) more often than not, results in great savings. I would recommend you post comments based on YOUR personal experience because unknowingly you may be steering someone away from a tip that can benefit someone else -harming instead of helping.
    JoanE2012 said:
    We used Sid from The Memory Factory for our destination wedding. He was wonderful and very reasonable. They are based in Charlotte but travel anywhere. We love our pictures. Email him and see if he's available thememoryfactory@hotmail.com Good luck
    The OP is on a budget.  Highly doubt that hiring someone from another state and having to pay their transportation and lodging costs is going to be cost effective.  You keep recommending this photographer (you sure YOU aren't the photographer??) to brides without thinking about the cost of travel.  There are plenty of good photographers without having to pay for someone to come from out of state.

OP - Post this on your local board.....the girls there will be able to help you out.
  • @JoanE2012, I find it offensive that you insinuate that my post may be a farce and that I may be the photographer. This site's purpose is for past brides to help future brides and that is exactly what I am doing. I relied on forums like this when I was planning my wedding and it helped me every step of the way. It is also obvious to me that you don't understand the concept of destination professionals. Their sole purpose is to travel anywhere in order to provide a service and based on my experience ( which you do not have) more often than not, results in great savings. I would recommend you post comments based on YOUR personal experience because unknowingly you may be steering someone away from a tip that can benefit someone else -harming instead of helping.
    JoanE2012 said:
    We used Sid from The Memory Factory for our destination wedding. He was wonderful and very reasonable. They are based in Charlotte but travel anywhere. We love our pictures. Email him and see if he's available thememoryfactory@hotmail.com Good luck

Chill Joanna, Joan not being offensive. You did come over a little over enthusiastic and hiring a destination photographer is not typically cheap. 

A quick google search revealed Sid's prices are within OP's budget, but his portfolio is not impressive as it is very limited online. Perhaps you would like to share some of your photos to demonstrate his talent. 

Most posters don't have numerous posts taunting their photog on multiple boards. We are very protective against vendors posting on this board. Hence why she resounded they way she did. Asking on the OP's local board will be best way to find a photog. A destination photog is not always a good fit as you don't typically get to meet them before the wedding. I would never hiring a photog I could not meet before, in person, unless I was getting married overseas and hired a local. I assume you had the chance to meet Sid, get know his personality, see his work and decide it was a good fit before going to Punta Gorda and having him photograph your wedding. That's probably why it worked for you.

OP I don't recommend hiring an out of state photog for you South Jersey wedding while trying to stay on budget - again check your local board :) GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• JoanE2012, I find it offensive that you insinuate that my post may be a farce and that I may be the photographer. This site's purpose is for past brides to help future brides and that is exactly what I am doing. I relied on forums like this when I was planning my wedding and it helped me every step of the way. It is also obvious to me that you don't understand the concept of destination professionals. Their sole purpose is to travel anywhere in order to provide a service and based on my experience ( which you do not have) more often than not, results in great savings. I would recommend you post comments based on YOUR personal experience because unknowingly you may be steering someone away from a tip that can benefit someone else -harming instead of helping.
    JoanE2012 said:

It's the internet, you shouldn't let anything offend you.  If it does, click away so you don't have to read anymore.

That said,  I find it hard to believe that a photographer can have a price under the OPs budget (in this case, $1800) when it includes travel expenses.  When something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

I took a look at his website and I was less than impressed.  To be quite honest, my photos I took on our recent vacation with my Canon point and shoot were better.  Perhaps I just expect a lot from someone that does something for a profession.   

I'm glad you're happy with the quality, but to suggest to someone a destination photographer that they can't meet, can't see albums/photos in person, etc seems a bit silly, especially when they're not having a destination wedding.  It's not like there's a shortage of photographers in NJ.....OP just needed to be directed to the right board.
  • We will be booking with Photographer Gio; his packages start under your budget and is very flexible on customizing packages. He's out of Northern NJ
  • I am using Prince Photography from Stone Harbor, right around $2K, you can see his pictures on his website.
  • Not sure what part of Jersey you're getting married in, but check out Andrew Lamberson. He lives in New York but will travel to NJ depending on where, and he'd fit within your budget. His wedding portfolio is on his website. Good luck!

• Whatever you do, just don't go with George Street. I'm sure they're in your area (they're national) but they are a fucking nightmare. Like, I can't even fully describe how much of a nightmare. We were also on a budget, but I wish to god instead of spending $4k with George Street for photo and video, we had just hired a local, reputable photographer for $5k and saved ourselves all the drama and time. 
  • I absolutely recommend Jaci Downs.  I just got my pictures back from her and they are absolutely gorgeous.  Her and her assistant did a wonderful job and she is so easy to work with.  Check her out at www.jacidowns.com or her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaci-Downs-Photography/115496831815831?pnref=lhc
  • Hi there... try The Pros. They're a contractor based out of Philadelphia. You choose your own photographer but pay The Pros rates. I got a package for $1200. They're even doing a holiday sale until January. Good luck!
  • I know this post is a couple of months old, but if you're still looking, Right Look Photography is what we used for our September 2014 wedding.  They are within your budget and did a fabulous job!!!!!!!!  

Feel free to send me a message if you want specific details.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards