Budget Weddings Forum
Options

Easy, inexpensive appetizers

Hi everybody, Does anyone have any good ideas for easy, inexpensive appetizers for a wedding with around 50-60 people? :)

Re: Easy, inexpensive appetizers

• Options
    Cheese and crackers
    Fruit kabobs
    Fruit cups

These shouldn't be too expensive:
    Late night wedding snacks

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know if you have an Albertsons where you are, but I just saw an ad in my Sunday paper that included a photo of all their different party trays. Fruit, veggie, deli spirals, cheese, Mediterranean, etc; they actually looked really nice and we're priced around $20 and up. Costco and Haggen also have similar trays. We're planning to do meatballs (costco), salmon spread in phyllio cups, fruit tray, veggie tray, and then a cheese, spread and cracker tray for about 90 people. Keep in mind you'll need a way to keep items hot or cold before and during service.
  • Options
    If you have a Sam's Club in your area, they have tons of veggie platters and meat/cheese platters. All you would need are some crackers for the platters. Meatballs or spinach balls would make good finger foods too, and they're easy to make.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Shrimp cocktail isn't the cheapest but it is incredibly easy. My boys dream about deviled eggs, a very cheap option. Otherwise, I love the other ideas!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I love a good dip with crackers and bread. I make an expensive one with four kinds of cheese, but there are some yummy ones that aren't.
  • Options
    Tray of little sandwiches from your local grocery store or deli
    Bruschetta or chicken salad on toast squares
    Meatballs
    Chips and dip

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas, everybody! :)
  • Options
    I am going to do:
    • mini pigs in blankets
    • mini quiches
    • fruit skewers
    Might add in something else like meatballs, but not sure

• Options
    vulpiepop said:

Those milk and cookie shooters look amazing :)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards