March 2015 Weddings

Destination Wedding

Is anyone else having a destination wedding?  How are you getting your rental agreements signed?  Some vendors you can do it over the phone and then mail in the agreements with a check.  Has anyone run into the problem of where you had to do it in person?  If so how did you handle it?

Re: Destination Wedding

• Mine isn't total DW per say, but I'm getting married 4 hours away from home so it's not the most convenient. Some of my vendors think I'm crazy when I want to see them so soon (my officiant won't see me until Jan, ugh. I just want to get the ball rolling!) but I don't really care, Fi and I only have so much time we can go. My florist and venue allowed me to sign the paperwork and scan it back, and I paid the deposit over the phone with my CC. The other vendors, well I told them they can meet on my time when I'm in town and get over the time frame, or we can do it over the phone-their choice.

One of my friends got married on a cruise ship and everything was over the phone, same with my uncle who got married in a different country. However I do suggest making one trip out there to meet the vendors in person. Last time I was at my wedding location I was only there for 24 hours and met with my cake baker, DJ, venue, photographer, possible alterations seamstress, step mom and MIL. Everyone knew ahead of time that I was on a schedule and we couldn't find any extra time, as well that I wouldn't be back till after the holidays so we had to get things done.

imageimage

• Destination wedding is anywhere over 100 miles away from where you currently live. I am doing a lot of snail mail.  

• I think it really depends on where you live versus where the vendors are. If the vendors are only 2 hours away on the highway I can see them side-eyeing why you couldn't make a couple trips out there. But if they're on the other side of the country or a plane ride away, then, if I was a vendor, I would do things such as skype/facetime and do things over the phone and snail mail, and as a bride I would expect them to not side eye me. Every situation is a bit different. Thats why I get a few of my vendors side-eyeing why I cant just drive down to see them.

imageimage

• I know over on my local board (Vegas) there are brides from the UK who plan their entire Vegas wedding via phone and email. I think it just comes down to vendor preference.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards