Budget Weddings Forum
Options

liquor liability license

Does anyone know a good place or company to get one of these?

Re: liquor liability license

• Options
    Try your homeowner's or rental insurance company. If they don't have policies, look up event insurance in your area. They might have something.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    license or insurance?

Insurance you can often go through your home owners.  License would be state, county and/or city/town dependent. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    We purchase one time event liability insurance for something around $300.  

can individuals even obtain a liquor LICENSE?  I thought it was just for businesses.
  • Options
    Wedsafe.com is recommended by most of the venues in my area for insurance. Pricing will depend on coverage amounts. In WA state a banquet permit is required to serve alcohol, costs $10. Your contract should specify whatever is required.

• Options
    atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    I used Markel for my event policy.  They provide policies to USAA members, as well as the public.  Not sure if I got a price break because of USAA, but for a 120-person wedding, open bar, all alcohol served by licensed bartender servince, was in the $200s.  A tiny amount to pay for peace of mind, and my historic venue required an event insurance policy with rider for a few million dollars for the property's value in case the place or art was damaged.
  • Options
    our venue said check with Homeowners Ins company and if it was over about $150 then go with Wedsafe
  • Options
    I spoke to my car insurance/ rental insurance company and they provide liquor liability insurance. He also recommended Wedsafe. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards