Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Best Lipstick?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good brand of lipstick for the wedding?  I am looking for either a lipstick or lip stain. I do not want glossy lips.  Something that does not rub off super fast.  I am not too concerned about the price.  Thank you :) 

Re: Best Lipstick?

• I absolutely adore the Nyx matte lipsticks: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4141597

I use Alabama all the time and it stays really well. 

My longtime favorite lip stain is Vincent Longo: http://www.amazon.com/VINCENT-LONGO-Cheek-Stain-Liquid/dp/B00B6ACI3U
  • For whatever reason, I love the Sephora brand lipsticks and wore one of those at my wedding. It came off halfway through the reception and I was too high on wedding excitement to think to reapply, but it looked good from ceremony through cake cutting at least.

I don't know why, but a lot of other lipsticks (Nars is the worst offender and those lipsticks are like $45) just don't stick to the middle of my lips. Am I too drooly? I have no idea. Even if I blot, apply, blot. I look like I'm wearing lip liner on my bottom lip. Yet, without fail, the Sephora brand works. And they have a lot that aren't sticky and glossy and shiny.

Urban Decay also at least used to have a lipstain I loved. I don't know if they still carry it and all the wording has rubbed off mine by now. It comes in a little pot with a little q-tip like applicator. Stain lasts a long time, but it's kind of drying.

• I really like the Loreal Infallible 2-step lip color.  I bought it during my wedding photo shoot because I needed lipstick, it was easily available (I was in a gift store) and it was the only kind the store had that had a color similar to what I wanted.  And it has easily become my favorite lipstick now.  It seriously lasts all day, doesn't wear off when kissing or drinking, and it doesn't look all dried out either. 

• Try Makeup Forever Aqua Rouge or MAC Pro Longwear Lip Colour. I wouldn't use them regularly because they're quite drying, but they're perfect if you don't want the colour to transfer to your FH and you don't want to reapply often (they even last through meals!).
  • Love covergirl!

• I don't know if you still need recommendations or not, but I was messing around with some Stila Stay All Day liquid lipstick the other day and it was THE BOMB DOT COM. I put some on sorta messily in the store with just a q-tip as an applicator, and it stayed for the entire rest of the night -- through kissing and eating and everything -- and well into the next morning since I was exhausted and fell asleep before washing it off. It was a little smeared from rubbing my face on my pillow (this is why we can't have nice things), but otherwise still on.

Totally, 100% getting this for my wedding. 
  • MAC longwear or matte lipsticks are the best

• I love Dior Addict or Dior Addict Extreme. Whichever comes in the black square tube. I use it every day. I wore an amazing berry red for my wedding and it lasted all the way through cake with no touch ups.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards