Oregon
Options

Columbia Park help

We are getting married at Columbia park in N. Portland in September and I'm looking for lighting ideas.
We have 2 sites, the pavilion and the site right next to it. There is 1 electrical outlet box at each site. We will start about 6, dinner should be done around 7, sunset is 730. We have votives for the tables and battery operated lanterns that we were going to use above the tables. The park lights appear to be only on the paths and not at the sites. 1 outlet will be for the sound system/ipod.
Tiki torches? Do they actually provide light? Too dangerous? Christmas lights? How many can be safely strung together? The trees are huge, so they would take a huge length to even go around once. What kind of lighting should I be looking at with very limited outlets?
Thanks for as many ideas as I can get!

Re: Columbia Park help

• Options
    I've run into a few people that did outdoor weddings that bought a tent frame or frames and strung Christmas lights on them for illuminating the dance floor, etc. They said it was a fun and gorgeous effect. Lights can be had cheap at after Christmas sales or maybe even Dollar Tree. Other than that maybe consult with a local lighting company? Or borrow a generator from family or friends that can power more lights? That's all I've got! Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards