Destination Weddings Discussions

DW: Possibly off resort in Southern Florida?

Hi guys!

I am sure there is a thread on here that is related to this, but for some reason my search function isn't working with me.  I am planning a very small DW for spring of 2016, and we were initially interested in Club Med Sandpiper Bay for the fact that it's in the U.S. and for the true all-inclusive nature of it (all alcohol, food, sports, etc. included), but having a wedding on the resort will be out of our budget, unless we can get the 20 people minimum to get the free ceremony (which isn't likely, as we would like to keep it small).  Does anyone have any experience with this area (Port St. Lucie, Hutchinson Island, Fort Pierce, etc.) and a good place to have a ceremony and possibly a reception?  Or is there another route we should look at altogether?  Do to the fact that this is my 2nd marriage and my fiancé's family will not be able to attend (they live overseas), our main priority is for this to be a fun vacation for us, my daughters, and our close family and friends that will be able to attend.  Also, we would like to stay in the U.S. so that friends and family do not have to mess with passports/visas.  Other than that, we would just like it to be as stress free as possible (hence, the all-inclusive part, haha!)!  Any suggestions?  Thank you!
Kristi

Re: DW: Possibly off resort in Southern Florida?

• If you are looking outside of a resort and in Florida, I recommend posting this in the local FL board. I can move the post for you as well!

There aren't many AIs in the US territories, but check out Dreams Sugar Bay in St. Thomas. It might fit your budget, though I imagine FL is less expensive travel-wise.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards