Oregon
Options

Wedding planner

Can anybody recommend a good wedding planner/coordinator? I'm trying to plan my Oregon coast wedding from California and it's not exactly easy! I think I might need some help as far as venues and accomodations go.

Thanks!

Re: Wedding planner

• Options
    jess9802jess9802 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I went to college with Nora (Totonchy) Sheils of Bridal Bliss in Lake Oswego. We weren't friends, but she was a nice woman and I've seen nothing but good reviews of her services.

Her mother is Anna Totonchy, who runs Anna's Bridals (which someone on this board has reviewed negatively).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Bon Soiree. They have a website if you google them. Molli and Krissa are great. I am super busy with work so they email me- which works great. All of my vendors say they are the best! Plus- they do so many weddings they know which vendors are the best. This has really saved me a ton of time! I have 39 days to go and feel like things are organized and ready! It is nice not to be worring about any details right now.
  • Options
    LunaTLunaT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mermaid,
      I worked with Melanie from Your Perfect Bridesmaid ( www.yourperfectbridesmaid.com).  She was on every detail that I needed taken care of and she's super sweet.  Totally recommend YPB.  Hope you find someone that works for you! :)
    The owner of Tower told my friend, while my friend was trying on gowns, that she needed to lose weight and was pasty.  Nice.
  • Options
    LunaTLunaT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Correction--- didn't mean Tower.  I meant Anna's.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kami at WedPortland is great.  As is Melanie at Your Perfect Bridesmaid. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Muse Event Planning is absolutely amazing! They really work with you and what you need and listen to your desires and are very accurate in fulfilling it. They are also incredibly reasonably priced and very professional.
  • Options
    southpaw97209southpaw97209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a number of good, established wedding planners in town.

Blush Bridal
    Ooh La La Events
    Bridal Bliss
    Soiree
    Champagne Events

I'd recommend all of these because they have real planning experience.  Be wary of planners who startes a business after planning their own wedding or are DJ's wives.  They may not have much practical experience.
  • Options
    velocitygrlvelocitygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nora (Totonchy) Shiels of Bridal Bliss planned our wedding in September 2008.  She was phenomenal.  She saved us so much money with our vendors, and she really decreased my stress on our wedding day. Everything was beautiful and went smoothly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards