Virginia

dirt cheap venue in northern virginia

Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards here, and I need some serious help. 

I'm having a hard time finding any venue for under $2,000. We are planning a small (<90 guests) wedding on Monday, April 6th, and I need to find a cheap, cheap, CHEAP venue in northern VA. I'd like to have the ceremony and reception outdoors at the same location. Anybody have recommendations as far as public parks, secret steals, etc? I'm at a loss. Thanks!!

Re: dirt cheap venue in northern virginia

• I'm in the same boat! I've emailed probably close to 50 vendors in NOVA/MD/PA and everywhere around here gets pretty pricey. We're considering a winter reception so I only really know the offseason prices but maybe they'll work! A few to look at if you haven't already- Piedmont Club (I think 1500 for off season), Musket Ridge (I think 1100 for off season. I remember thinking the food/bar added up quickly but was SO pretty), Harbour View (haven't seen in person, but I think it's $2500 and you can bring in your own caterer and I think alcohol which are huge $$$ savers). 
    Also outdoor venues I've heard of: Brookside gardens in MD, and I've heard of people thinking of having a reception (though i don't know any details or how it panned out) in Prince William Park or Leesylvania Park. 

I'd be so interested in what you end up choosing or places that you've looked into and may work within your budget!!!
  • Hi Knotties! Check out the historical properties in Fairfax, VA in particular. I'm not sure what their rental availability is for mid week but we are having our wedding at one of them on a Saturday and even with their max amount of time, and a lot of add ons at the venue we're at about $2,500 so you could definitely do it for around $2,000. They also let you bring in your own caterer and alcohol. Some of them are just so so but some are beautiful and super affordable (different properties links below)! 

Also for vendors check out thumbtack.coom. You can post your own ad and vendors will submit bids for things like cake, photography etc. we've been using them and we're on a tight budget and have received some great bids!
  • Agreed on the Fairfax county properties - we looked at doing the Old Town Hall and the prices were really cheap, even for a Saturday in September. I don't know the exact prices, but here are some other places that fell within our modest budget and are probably worth checking out:

We ended up deciding to get married elsewhere, but I did a lot of research so I have a longer list if you are interested in DC/MD also.
  • I third the Fairfax Historic properties. I checked out several of them and they were great contenders. The only downside is they are very strict about their allotment hours and there can not be any setup (you or vendor) prior to the agreed rental time. Look into American Legion posts or Elk lodges...the parks can be tricky as they all have certain decoration regulations. I remember Great Falls woudln't allow any delivery trucks or such, chairs would have be to carried one by one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards