Oregon

Anyone tried this as part of Bridal Shower?

Just wondering if anyone has had a gold party as a part of their bridal shower or just a pre-wedding party?  I attended one recently by a local company called Valley Goldmine Portland and it seems like a great way to make some extra money to help pay for the wedding.  The party I attended was pretty fun and the host made around $700 while us guests sold broken jewelry for money too.  Their website is http://www.valleygoldmineportland.com 

Anyway, just wondering if anyone thinks this is a good idea to include in my bridal shower.  Thanks ladies :)

Re: Anyone tried this as part of Bridal Shower?

• edited December 2011
    I'm not too sure about this. I've always been of the opinion that parties are not a money making event. A guest should not be asked to help pay for the wedding, they are there by the couple's invitation after all!, so their pocketbook should stay closed beyond giving a gift at the appropriate gift-giving events (like a shower).

Just my opinion. I've never been to or even heard of this type of party before. Maybe it would be fun if not connected to a wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    I agree - definitely make it a non wedding event if you do it. That way people won't feel obligated to go if its not their thing.

I heard on the news that these types of parties, the types of companies that have you mail in your gold, and pawn shops all give pretty low prices for gold. If you want the best price you're better off going to a real jewelry store in person that buys gold.

Am I the only person who doesn't have extra gold just lying around the house? I'm surprised that so many people have surplus amounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards