Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Casual attire invite wording?

I'd like to have a super laid back, casual wedding. I want people to be comfortable and expressive as it will be outdoors. However, I don't want that to translate to flip flops, gym shorts or yoga pants.

Looking for creative ideas to word this? I can't imagine writing "yoga pants" on an invitation!

Thanks!

Re: Casual attire invite wording?

• Options
    I wouldnt put it on the invites. I would use word of mouth and perhaps the wedding website to convey this information.

• Options

I'd like to have a super laid back, casual wedding. I want people to be comfortable and expressive as it will be outdoors. However, I don't want that to translate to flip flops, gym shorts or yoga pants.

Looking for creative ideas to word this? I can't imagine writing "yoga pants" on an invitation!

Thanks!

Don't put anything about attire on your invites. People who know how to dress themselves will give you side eye, and people who don't know how to dress themselves won't read it anyway.

Are you having a wedding website? I'd put a note about the venue (outdoors, uneven floors, etc) on there and leave it at that. Stick to informal invites as well, skip the gold embossing and the fancy ass ribbons to help set the tone.

Anniversary
  • Options

Thanks! Seems like I avoided a mistake about attire. Definitely should do a wedding website.

I have gotten invites to weddings with attire, but they have always been very formal.

• Options
    It is very rude to tell your guests how to dress.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards