North Carolina-Outer Banks

Wild Horse wedding

Hi ladies! I had my wedding at the Wild Horse Dec, 7 2013. Almost a year ago and time sure does fly!!! If you have any questions about the house the rooms any thing at all my email is hmwestervelt@gmail.com I'd be happy to send you pictures or any other info about the house! This is something I wish I had when I was planning my destination wedding! 

Happy planning!

Re: Wild Horse wedding

• Hi there!  I'm getting married at Wild Horse in October, we're concerned about food for the week.  What did you do? We were thinking about getting a chef or doing pot lucks for the evenings but not trying to break the bank.

Any input would be really helpful!
  • I work in Carova all summer as horse guide and wedding dj. The Wild Horse is a great house. It's only slightly more challenging than a house in paved road areas. As 14 yr resident, I can tell you a typical scenario. All the people staying in the house for the week break into groups, either by family, by gender, by age, however, and each takes a turn preparing meals for a day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. This eliminates the burden being on just a few a and allows for a nice variety. Two grocery stores in Corolla to shop. There are also plenty of services for steamer buckets and such, there is even a pizza delivery. Hope this helps.

• I agree. Easier and much cheaper to get.your own groceries and split it amongst families each night. I do recommend getting a local service for a low country boil.....soooooo good!!! Or a pig roast. I know someone local that does both if you want to PM me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards