November 2014 Weddings
Options

Ceremony time

Denise40Denise40 member
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited November 2014 in November 2014 Weddings
Hi all November brides! With it getting darker earlier, what time were y'all's ceremony in regards to photos afterwards? Edit:spelling
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony time

• Options
    I was Nov 2: Time Change Day.  Not sure if that makes a difference.  Our ceremony was at 4pm and I recall looking out the window at 5pm and it was dusky/dark, so I suppose the ceremony had plenty of daylight.

Because of the darkness creeping up sooner, we opted to have photos in the day time: 2pm - 3pm.  It worked out really well.  That way guests weren't snooping in on our family photos and we had extra time in case the photos took longer.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @goldchocobo‌ Thank you. We were going to have wedding in October 2016 and didn't have to worry about darkness. We decided to move it up (both 2nd marriages and older) but October is booked in 2015 at our venue so now having is 11/14/15.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding is Nov 29 and my ceremony is starting at 4, and it's going to be short. We plan on getting all or most pictures in before the ceremony. If you're having a longer ceremony OR if you and your FI don't want to see each other before the ceremony, then I would bump the time up if you want to take photos outside. A photographer should be able to take great photos inside, and depending on the light, they should be able to adjust the lighting when they touch up the photos from outside.
  • Options
    @April192002‌ thanks for the info. I think we will do majority of photos before ceremony and then do sunset photos after. It's going to be a small wedding so photos won't take long.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We were married the day before Time Change Day (Nov. 1) so we didn't really have any issue with daylight. We were married at 5pm and taking pictures outside by 5:15.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We were married Friday 11/14... ceremony was at 4pm and sunset was around 5:30.  We got some great pics in that light!  Although, Arizona doesn't participate in daylight savings time so it may work differently in other states, I have no idea.
  • Options
    @jaime232‌ thanks for info. I'm hoping the lighting is good for us. Think I will go for 4 pm
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards