Wedding Invitations & Paper

STD help!

I am ordering the STD for our Sept 2015 wedding.  I have a couple questions.

1. Our guest that are in relationships that are in-between the serious and casual stage.. do I include the name of the boyfriend/girlfriend on the save the date?  I would have thought that if they live together the name goes on it but if they don't it doesn't (for save the dates) but that is truly just a guess!

2.  Should I include & guest for the people getting plus ones?? We are giving everyone plus ones and have budgeted for this (I wouldn't want to go to a wedding without a plus one)  However, this is just the STD... do we include this?

Thanks in advance.. I want to make sure I am not rude!

Re: STD help!

• 1. Personally when fiance and I were dating, it was nice when he received STDs and my name was included. I did feel slighted when I knew his friends knew my name and sent an invitation or STD to just him or wrote and guest. 

2. No. People don't need to know they'll have a plus one 9 months out. I would save that for the invitation.   
  • Thank you!  

• I was always told that you shouldn't put the SO name on the STD/invite unless they would still be invited if they broke up with their boyfriend/girlfriend. If they would still be invited, then they should get their own STD/invite sent to their home, separate from their SO (of course, this only applies to the couples you're describing and not couples we are already living together or engaged).
  • Thanks Anna.  That makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards