Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Need help in planning a wedding!!!

Hello everyone. I am needing some pointers for planning my wedding. I am the kind of girl that likes to have fun and attend parties, but planning them is not my favourite thing to do.  I am trying to plan a vegas wedding and my boy and I really love the Wynn. I don't really care much for the ceremony as it is such a short time, but we really like to eat and have people dance the night away!  Any recommendations on reception ideas?  I really would like a sit down dinner with a dance and open bar. Any help would be great! 

Re: Need help in planning a wedding!!!

• Options
    I would say Maggiano or Joe's sound like good option as you could have a DJ at both. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If it's in your budget, you could also rent a huge suite and hire a DJ, bartender, and caterer.  
  • Options
    I'm having my wedding ceremony and reception at Cili. We are having over 100 guests and Cili has been more than accommodating towards our wedding next year. The one wedding planner has been excellent with the planning of the ceremony and reception (sit down dinner, open bar, and dancing).
    Prior to Cili, I was going to have my wedding at one of the large Vegas hotels. I realized I would have to work with a separate wedding ceremony coordinator and the catering manager. Long story short, they did not seem to communicate and I was relieved that I did not sign the contract with them.
    If you are having a wedding with over 50 guests, I would definitely recommend Cili at the Bali Hai Golf Club.
  • Options
    We are having our reception dinner at Lawry's. Really delicious and great people!
  • Options
    Lawry's has great reviews online but I haven't seen them mentioned much on here. What's your wedding date? Can't wait for the reviews.
  • Options
    I'm going to Las Vegas this weekend. I have booked meetings at the Wynn, Mandalay Bay, MGM and possibly Caesers Palace.  We will most likely stay at one hotel for ceremony and reception (if price is right) to make is easier for guests and not arrange tons of transportation.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time as I'm not sure which questions to ask for receptions.  Any pointers would be awesome!
  • Options
    Knottie60642791 said:
    I'm excited and nervous at the same time as I'm not sure which questions to ask for receptions.  Any pointers would be awesome!
    It won't matter because they don't care, but I encourage you to ask about bringing your own personal photographer in, and then act shocked and incensed when they tell you that during your ceremony you'll be required to use their vendor.  The more people that get pissed off, or at least make their coordinators think they're extremely pissed off, the more hope we have of eventually eliminating that practice of forced vendors in Vegas.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Couldn't agree more about people starting to make a fuss about having to use in house photographers It's about time hotels started putting their wedding clients first Recommending certain vendors is fine and I'm sure many would appreciate & take their advice, but to insist on something as important as your wedding photography is inexcusable Sorry for rant but I do hope wedding coordinators take the trouble to keep up to date with what people are posting on this site 
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Check out Cili. You do not need to use an in-house photographer. They have preferred vendors, but you do not have to pay a penalty if you do not go with their list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards