Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Bridal Party Hair

I have a family friend who owns a hair salon.  She has offered to do my hair as well as my mom's hair and a woman who rents space from her has offered to do my two little sisters hair.  However, she wouldn't have the time to do my bridesmaids hair as well.  Personally, I don't care if they get their hair professionally done or they just do it themselves. I also don't have a preference for the hair style they choose. Do we have to get our hair done together? If not, what should I tell them to explain this?

Re: Bridal Party Hair

• Options
    Cpaynter said:

I have a family friend who owns a hair salon.  She has offered to do my hair as well as my mom's hair and a woman who rents space from her has offered to do my two little sisters hair.  However, she wouldn't have the time to do my bridesmaids hair as well.  Personally, I don't care if they get their hair professionally done or they just do it themselves. I also don't have a preference for the hair style they choose. Do we have to get our hair done together? If not, what should I tell them to explain this?

No, you don't have to get your hair done together. In fact, if you were to ask them to get their hair professionally done, you should offer to pay for it.

I would just let them know you plan to get your hair done with just your mom and sisters before the wedding, that you have no preference on how they do their hair and that you'll see them at X place and X o'clock. Done and done.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I agree - if you're asking them to get their hair professionally done, you should offer to pay for it. I just recently booked my hair appointment for my wedding day and when I did, I booked appointments for my bridal party as well (I decided it was easier to cancel the appointments if needed, than risk another booking coming in) - I messaged the bridal party and told them where I would be getting my hair done and explained that I had booked space for everyone IF they wanted to get their hair professionally done/get their hair done at this particular salon but made it clear that they were more than welcome to get their hair done elsewhere or to do their own hair. In the end, everyone wanted to stay together. Had they decided to go elsewhere or do their own hair, we would have met at the hotel afterwards.

As the above poster mentioned, just let them know what your plan is (you don't have to justify it), and let them know when and where to meet you afterwards. You should probably give them your appointment time and suggest that if they are going to have their hair done, they should book for around the same time, or whether they are having their hair done professionally or doing it themselves, let them know what time hair should be finished by.

Marley
    www.marleyjustine.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards